Coach

www.coach.com

Fun, but you need to drink the Kool-Aid."

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsManagers and assistant managers are very friendly and fun. They encourage sales but in a positive yet persuasive way. The 50% off discount is a bonus. Store team receives monthly bonus if the store (not individual) reaches their sales goal (however, I think it is like an equivalent of an extra $1/hr). Easy sales to husbands without a clue and need a gift for the wife or on the side girlfriend.

ConsMajor con-they make you spend about $200-$250 on the "uniform/dress code" before you even start. You have to wear specific brands (I believe that Coach is an owner in the brands) and colors. I especially like an update from corporate that indicated that associates now had to wear the new Coach footwear but at a 50% discount. The boots/shoes are majorly expensive and required. Do not get a job here if you need extra money because 1) you have to buy new clothes before you start, and 2) the management repeatedly "suggests" that you buy a new purse/item every week with your paycheck. It is really hard to keep the money you earn and not spend it on the items. Not so much a con but a "you should know"...they pat you down and check your coat/purse after every shift. I don't steal, but it is pretty demeaning to have someone pat you down before you can leave. Also, the store makes you keep tabs on your customer spending trends and call them often to return and buy more product. On slow days the manager will hand you a list of customers phone numbers to call and remind them to come back in a spend their money. Some customers are snobby, but that is what comes with the product. Every day you will constantly hear what your personal sales goal is, where you are at...Managers will repeat it every breathe and encourage you to upsell. If you meet your goal, they create a new goal and push.

Advice to Senior ManagementI get that you want a uniform look for associates, but really you want your associates to buy your clothing products. I don't think that is fair and the company should provide the "dress code" items to the employee for free. It is evident that you are forcing employees to buy more of your products (spending more of a barely minimum wage back to the company). 50% is a great start for product discount but the purse are outrageously high. It would take a whole paycheck to buy the purse.

Retail-wise, a great place to work.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

I have been working at Coach part-time for less than a year

Pros: The people who shop at Coach make it easy to want to work there. It is a very relaxed environment as long… Cons: Depending on the location you work at, the people you work with can be a hassle. It is a retail job so you occasionally get… Advice to Senior Management: Please have matching accessories with all handbags/colors. We sometimes hit a wall when it comes to this… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Planner

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Coach full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people, 50% off discount, fun product, strong executive leadership… Cons: There is no such thing as work life balance. Expect to put in 12+ hour days around holiday & at least eat dinner at the… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people! Work on your communication skills! More
There are newer reviews on Coach.

Worked for Coach? Contribute to the Community!