A disappointing experience

Former Employee - Dentist in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Dentist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern facilities with adequate staff

Cons

Constant daily pressure on production without concern for the patient

Advice to Management

Decrease the daily pressure on production, remember that you are treating human beings which sometimes have financial difficulties

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Okay but they try to call themselves a private office when they are really a clinic environment

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services

Pros

Great benefits, time off is allowed, they hire from with-in the company so advancement is available which is usually not the case in dental practices.

Cons

They try to act like it's about the patient when its just like any other coperation its about the money. Most expensive treatment is treated like it must be done right away even if it could wait. Many people get all their expensive crowns, bridges etc done, and AFTER they get their deep cleaning done. Doctor's diagnose and do treatment that less expensive treatment would have been as good but they want more money. People are not given options the most expensive treatment is usually what is presented. However it may vary depending on the Doctor you work with, many Doctors do not diagnose this way but the "cooperate" type doctors are all about the money.

Advice to Management

Do not try to market your clinics as private practice's when they are run and feel like a clinic.

2. case consultant

Former Employee - Receptionist/Care Consultant in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Care Consultant in Modesto, CA

I worked at Coast Dental Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with coast dental give you opportunitis to grow and learn new things.

Cons

I did face chalenges in coast dental we usually do more than what we are spected but tyat isw the only way we cou8ld work because to work as a team somethimes you have to do more and help you co workers, for example I had to go to the back and help with some things like clean rooms, probe , or do billing

Advice to Management

its good that I had managers that belived in me and that they know they cant count on me when they need help,