Coast Dental Services

www.coastdental.com

A good place to work

Current Employee - Dentist  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Dentist in Tampa, FL

Pros

A large peer group. Good continuing education. Employee issues handled by management. Very easy to get replacement or substitute employees on short notice. I've been there for about 10 years and most of the staff for over 5 years. Very high quality of the staff members. Very low turnover in this office. Quality materials used in treatment. Modern facility.

Cons

Occasionally dealing with middle management can be annoying. Balancing the budget can be challenging, but overall this is a minor issue. Having read some of the negative reviews, I would counter that these issues are "office specific" and not "company specific". The same negative comments could be said about many private offices. The quality and ethics of an office is determined by the dentist working there, not the company that does the management.

Good upper management at the very top. Would recommend middle management have good business background as opposed to only dental background

Other reviews for Coast Dental Services

Terrible working environment

Former Employee - Dental Assistant  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Gainesville, FL

Pros

A fast pace, sink or swim environment gives you a lot of experience in just a short amount of time. If you are okay with misleading patients to get a higher sale, then Coast Dental is the place for you! Although, you're not compensated well nor are you commissioned for up-selling treatment that patient's don't need... and because Coast has such a high employee turn over, if you stick around long enough your bound to climb to the top eventually. That's how most of your superiors got there, mostly just with reception back ground and NO dental or medical training whatsoever.

Cons

I was promised the moon by my office manager when hired. She spoke of great bonuses when they hit their monthly quotas, but in the year's time I was there I never received one and we met or exceeded our goals more often than not. Long hours and little to no recognition. In fact my manager would remove my overtime from my clocked hours when I was forced to work late... probably so she wouldn't get in trouble for forcing it. Always running out of supplies due to managements "cut backs" on monthly ordering which always resulted in patients not receiving optimal care.

Don't look at every person walking through the door as a cash cow. Think about the PATIENT and don't push up selling techniques on doctor's/ hygenists/ assistants. The care that is NEEDED sells itself. Treat your staff well. Be PROFESSIONAL. Acquire training that actually makes you qualified for your job.

Neutral experience

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Tampa, FL

Pros

Lots of patients, schedule always full

Cons

Lots of extra selling, pressure to produce

Always try to keep in mind employees' contributions

There are newer employer reviews for Coast Dental Services.

Worked for Coast Dental Services? Contribute to the Community!