There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Good-good

I have been working at Cobalt

Pros

Nice and friendly team. Developers are qualified and ready to share their expirience

Cons

Interview process is too long

285 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

Good company

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

Great location, great work and great people that are smart and passionate about their work and their customers.

Cons

I can not think of any right now.

Best job I've ever had, honestly

Current Employee - Senior Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Developer

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management-Managers at Cobalt are strong advocates for their employees. They listen, they're accessible, they have your back, and they help you get what you need.

The People-I really like the atmosphere at Cobalt. The vibe is safe, friendly, intense about the work, but laid-back over all.

Good as Corporate goes-I think as corporate environments go, this is one of the best in terms of reasonable expectations, good work/life balance (if you need to go pick up your kid, you go pick up your kid), and they give you more control and autonomy over your own projects than you would normally get in a corporate environment.

Cons

Career advancement-if you don't want to be a manager, or you haven't worked with the company ten years, it feels like you have almost no chance of career advancement. This can definitely create the hamster-wheel sensation at times, since the performance expectations are still high and you will work really hard every day.

A no-name company-You will work just as hard as you would if you worked at Amazon or Google, with none of the resume-boosting benefits. When you go apply for a job and people ask you "What's Cobalt?" I could see that being kind of a bummer.

All in, this is a better gig than most. No job is perfect. I have worked everywhere: start-ups, small businesses, you name it. Many people leave and come back after only a short time out in the "real world" once they realize how good they had it at Cobalt.

Get some diversity in your leadership. We have tons of diversity in our employees, yet everyone with a C in their title is an old white man. Men are called CEO's or COE's, but women who work just as hard can only make it to Director which seems to be a euphemism for "Person who would be a CEO if they were a man." It's depressing.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!