Growth is super.. for company and individual

Current Employee - Development  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible timings, open communication, easy access to senior management, Orca card, culture of enrollment and not mandates, great location for public transportation, awesome group of people to work with, care about the clients, quality is higher in mind than anything else

Cons

goals transitioning from senior management to individuals, ADP tools are archaic, ADP Medical policy is not too good

Knowledge sharing between departments is lacking.. we can try to add action items towards it

Other Reviews for Cobalt

I guess it's a cool place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun work environment at times.

Cons

Development takes forever and things rarely get finished...correctly.

How is this company successful

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Their Sales Team is truly amazing because they sell products that do not exist and are mediocre at best. They offer an Orca card and the building is right on transportation lines. You can move around if you are an individual contributor, but good luck getting into a senior role or moving out of the services giant. Most senior managers have been there for over 5 years in the same roles.

Cons

Management on the dev/product side is out of touch with reality. They are not innovators or forward thinking. VP's should provide vision and lead by example and not ask really trivial questions about products and services.
    The pay is not even close to market scale and when getting promoted you do not get a chance to negotiate anything. ADP has everything locked into place and it takes an act of god to get more than 4%. Pay raises are also a joke... last year 2.25% and it is the same as this year. We are also on a feathered bonus plan. For instance, you have a 10% bonus target, but in year 1 you can only get 3%, year two 6% and in year three 10%. However, this is something they tout as being a benefit. Oh and dont get me talking about the horrendous benefits they offer. I dont pay for a spouse or kids and still pay $50 per month. I have coworkers that pay for a spouse and kid and pay $600 per month.

Do not promote people that agree with everything you say and are afraid to make a change. Bring in new blood in SR roles, like VP and rid yourself of current VP's. Hold all levels of the business accountable; leadership starts at the top and the top level constantly fails.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt.

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!