There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Good company; went through a lot of change

Former Employee - Services in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Services in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cobalt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. Cobalt knew how to find and hire smart, committed, hard-working people who cared about their work and were creative about finding solutions to problems. If you are interested in online marketing, Cobalt is a great place to cut your teeth on this area.

Cons

When I was there, Cobalt was going through a lot of change. First, getting a huge contract with General Motors and shortly thereafter having to weather the GM bankruptcy and automaker bailouts. The company grew quickly, and there were some growing pains associated with that and then Cobalt was ultimately acquired by ADP, which brought a level of corporate big company bureaucracy (although I understand ADP has largely left Cobalt to run itself as it had before).

Advice to Management

Management at Cobalt is generally good and they focus on providing training for their leaders, although sometimes it can be tough for entry-level folks to have a clear career path.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Smart, talented and passionate software developers committed to delivering results in true agile fashion..

Current Employee - Development Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to explore with latest technologies, smart and talented people, agile development, work life balance, choice of good commuting options, very open culture, ready to embrace change in improving process or product, highly successful offshore engagement

Cons

Company strongly encourages the culture of enrollment, hence it takes a little longer to finalize the decisions and sometimes causes frustrations to few of the developers.

Advice to Management

Management encourages innovation but there are no process in place to support them. Please put process in place to provide incentives to people that innovate product and process. Explore other opportunities for business growth.

Was an ok entry-level job, cannot wait to leave

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're interested in digital marketing, this is a good place to gain experience and get your foot in the door as they are constantly trying to hire new people to replace those who are leaving.

Cons

The pay is awful and I struggle to find meaning in my work. You have to deal with as much big company bureaucracy as actual work. I received no training and our expectations are constantly changing. There is little to no room for career growth.

Advice to Management

The pay needs to be on par with industry standards. I would also recommend establishing what you want out of your employees. Our roles and expectations are constantly changing, leading to confusion and frustration.