Cobalt

www.cobalt.com
  www.cobalt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Good company; went through a lot of change

Former Employee - Services in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Services in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cobalt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people. Cobalt knew how to find and hire smart, committed, hard-working people who cared about their work and were creative about finding solutions to problems. If you are interested in online marketing, Cobalt is a great place to cut your teeth on this area.

Cons

When I was there, Cobalt was going through a lot of change. First, getting a huge contract with General Motors and shortly thereafter having to weather the GM bankruptcy and automaker bailouts. The company grew quickly, and there were some growing pains associated with that and then Cobalt was ultimately acquired by ADP, which brought a level of corporate big company bureaucracy (although I understand ADP has largely left Cobalt to run itself as it had before).

Management at Cobalt is generally good and they focus on providing training for their leaders, although sometimes it can be tough for entry-level folks to have a clear career path.

282 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

This is the most disappointing I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - SEO in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - SEO in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, free bus pass, close to where I live, commuting to work is easy.

Cons

They are outsourcing our department to India. They are very discriminating when it comes to promoting from within. More work with no increase in compensation. They pay below industry standards.

Make advancement opportunities easier. Promote from within. Don't outsource out of the US, keep jobs in America. Start paying employees a more competitive pay rate.

Smart, talented and passionate software developers committed to delivering results in true agile fashion..

Current Employee - Development Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to explore with latest technologies, smart and talented people, agile development, work life balance, choice of good commuting options, very open culture, ready to embrace change in improving process or product, highly successful offshore engagement

Cons

Company strongly encourages the culture of enrollment, hence it takes a little longer to finalize the decisions and sometimes causes frustrations to few of the developers.

Management encourages innovation but there are no process in place to support them. Please put process in place to provide incentives to people that innovate product and process. Explore other opportunities for business growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt