Cobalt

www.cobalt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Excellent learning platform with great work life balance

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

Lot of scope to learn something new.
Easy to switch between teams and broaden your horizon.
While there is always a deadline to wrap up your work, there is ample opportunity to maintain work life balance.
Encouraged to think of a solution from consumer standpoint versus doing it just for the sake of learning a new technology.
Ample opportunity to learn about the business.
Awesome people... you will work with some of the best folks in the industry, both knowledge wise and behavior wise.

Cons

Compensation is average.
Health package is average to below average
Other benefits are average to below average
Limited opportunities to grow as a technical leader, although that is slowly changing... but more needs to be done.
Vacation package is below average
Sometimes there appears to be too much focus on satisfying business versus getting the right solution out into the market... and that leads to unnecessary compromises being made to quality of the product.
Too much reliance on a single big client versus exploring other options.

Fix the cons...

280 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

It's OK

Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job Security - The company is growing and expanding, so now is a good time to get in!
    Good Benefit Package - Including employee discount programs, retirement, stock buy-ins and more.
    Great Tools For Learning And Training - The training program here is by far the best I have experienced in any job.

Cons

Corporate Vanilla Everywhere You Turn - Bland, boring corporate culture.
    Very "Headphones In" Cubicle Setup - You always feel like you're interrupting someone just to say "Hi". Very difficult to get to know your co-workers.
    Feeling Like You Are A Lonely Cog In The Machine - Most all of your work is completely independent. No feeling of family of cooperation is nurtured. Very boring job.

Facilitate more communication between peers to give more of a feeling of being part of a team.

A drive worth taking

Current Employee - Web Design Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Web Design Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Cobalt is the best company I have had the pleasure of working for. The work is fun, the parties are great, the office is cool and the people I work with are some of the best people I have ever met!

Cons

We recently were bought out by ADP, which means we now work for 'The Man', corporate America. This brings with it some pros and cons. We lost the small business atmosphere, but we now have a multibillion dollar company to back us up. In the end, it's more of a pro than a con, but I have nothing else to write in here because this company is great.

Take more time and money to hire quality people instead of the first person knocking at the door. My department is great, but some of the people I have to work with should not be here.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt