There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Great Company!

Current Employee - Team Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Team Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative product offerings in a growing market, flexible work schedule, fantastic people, a relaxed, hard-working company culture. Also has a large number of great career opportunities for those willing to work for them.

Cons

Can sometimes take too long to make a change in direction. But what large company doesn't?

Advice to Management

Work on pushing for better compensation packages across the organization.

reviews filtered by
  1. A slow and rocky start becomes great learning opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Some companies subdivide my position into different roles, but at Cobalt I get to wear all the hats.

2. I have a compassionate manager who insures I have what I need, and who is an expert in my job role. This manager is a great role model. I will jump over the moon (e.g. work hard) for a manager I respect.

3. Although I am salaried, I'm not expected to put in extra hours, except when a deadline approaches (great work-life balance).

4. My manager divides up a project that threatens to overwhelm me, asking my colleagues to take on a piece of it so it gets done. In turn, I am happy to take on a piece for a colleague when I have have extra "bandwidth".

5. Many job roles have solid new-hire training with mentors and coaches to help them feel comfortable in their roles.

6. Although belonging to the corporate giant, ADP, the senior management of Cobalt remains down-to-earth and accessible, even to me.

7. I am able to transfer relatively easily to another job within this company or corporation.

8. Solid business ethics.

Cons

1. A difficult past manager who left me to figure out how to do my job alone.

2. A past manager called me self-absorbed and a lier after I diligently completed the very things I was previously instructed to do.

3. I've not been allowed to have all the software I need to do my job well, although that is changing.

Advice to Management

Please provide new hire role-specific training for ALL new employees, so they can learn their jobs and be successful.

Please check in regularly, assign a mentor, and provide coaching if possible. While many job roles at Cobalt have access to these helpful services, some of them, like mine, do not.

2. The only option is to be successful.

Current Employee - Account Advocate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Advocate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Every employee is given the opportunity to be successful. Your strengths are leveraged through managers who support you, coaches that empower you and mentors that help you with the day to day tasks of the job. It is truly a place where the only option is to be successful and you are surrounded by a team that will get you there.

Cons

At this point in my career I don't have anything that I dislike about Cobalt.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering and acknowledging the success and hard work of your employees because it goes a long way in our eyes.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt