There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Great Company!

Current Employee - Team Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Team Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative product offerings in a growing market, flexible work schedule, fantastic people, a relaxed, hard-working company culture. Also has a large number of great career opportunities for those willing to work for them.

Cons

Can sometimes take too long to make a change in direction. But what large company doesn't?

Work on pushing for better compensation packages across the organization.

285 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

A slow and rocky start becomes great learning opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Some companies subdivide my position into different roles, but at Cobalt I get to wear all the hats.

2. I have a compassionate manager who insures I have what I need, and who is an expert in my job role. This manager is a great role model. I will jump over the moon (e.g. work hard) for a manager I respect.

3. Although I am salaried, I'm not expected to put in extra hours, except when a deadline approaches (great work-life balance).

4. My manager divides up a project that threatens to overwhelm me, asking my colleagues to take on a piece of it so it gets done. In turn, I am happy to take on a piece for a colleague when I have have extra "bandwidth".

5. Many job roles have solid new-hire training with mentors and coaches to help them feel comfortable in their roles.

6. Although belonging to the corporate giant, ADP, the senior management of Cobalt remains down-to-earth and accessible, even to me.

7. I am able to transfer relatively easily to another job within this company or corporation.

8. Solid business ethics.

Cons

1. A difficult past manager who left me to figure out how to do my job alone.

2. A past manager called me self-absorbed and a lier after I diligently completed the very things I was previously instructed to do.

3. I've not been allowed to have all the software I need to do my job well, although that is changing.

Please provide new hire role-specific training for ALL new employees, so they can learn their jobs and be successful.

Please check in regularly, assign a mentor, and provide coaching if possible. While many job roles at Cobalt have access to these helpful services, some of them, like mine, do not.

Great environment for collaboration

Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer III
    Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer III

I have been working at Cobalt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Developing a marketing platform that is used by thousands of dealerships across the country and internationally. Good team balance and interaction between front- and back-end developers. Lots of opportunities to work and share across teams developing different components of the application. Active communication with product owners. Good support from dev managers for career development.

Cons

Some client work occasionally puts deadline pressure on development teams. Java-centric architecture is a challenge for front-end development.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!