There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

I loved working here so much I came back - and was not dissapointed.

Current Employee - DSM
Current Employee - DSM

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cobalt has a unique culture among companies I have worked for. You truly feel like you are part of a family, and that what you do matters to the company success. Nobody here is pretentioius. Everyone works. Everyone contributes. We are all focussed on the same goals.

Cons

Sometimes its hard being away from Seattle, and you feel a little disconnected from the mother ship. I wish we could come back twice a year like we did in the past to recharge, re-energize, and deepen our belief in what we are doing.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication, and committment to providing us with a unique and rewarding work atmosphere that encourages particiapation, growth, and success.

289 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

A mix of startup and big business with the best of both

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cobalt is one of the few places I've worked where management truly seems devoted to empowering their employees. There's very little enforcement of hierarchy, and management is very sane when it comes to projects and deliverables - much more focus on quality deliverables than you would expect from a large company.

Cons

As with all large companies there is some bureaucracy. Management is also spread too thin for the amount of employees, info reaches us in a late fashion (bonus info, event opportunities, info about the company, etc).

Hire more managers.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with. The work hard/play hard mentality is something I appreciate. Cobalt is always encouraging us to help others and often times matches any type of donation and gives us hours to volunteer our time. The office is located in the International District so it's extremely easy to get to on the bus. Not to mention the ORCA Card that the company pays for which means you dont have to pay for gas or parking.

Cons

Benefits are good, but compensation should be better. The annual raise doesnt make an impact which is frustrating at times. The general consensus is, if you want to make more money, you have to leave. This is sad because the company is a good company to work for with good people.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt