Great Work/Life Balance

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cobalt has a great culture, people and attitude about change. They allow some positions to work from home on a part time of full time basis. The people here make the difference and Cobalt has been getting better and better over the years.

Cons

The growth of Cobalt has made the competition for advancement harder. Another con is that there is a big difference in skill level across the same job function.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with. The work hard/play hard mentality is something I appreciate. Cobalt is always encouraging us to help others and often times matches any type of donation and gives us hours to volunteer our time. The office is located in the International District so it's extremely easy to get to on the bus. Not to mention the ORCA Card that the company pays for which means you dont have to pay for gas or parking.

Cons

Benefits are good, but compensation should be better. The annual raise doesnt make an impact which is frustrating at times. The general consensus is, if you want to make more money, you have to leave. This is sad because the company is a good company to work for with good people.

2. A mix of startup and big business with the best of both

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cobalt is one of the few places I've worked where management truly seems devoted to empowering their employees. There's very little enforcement of hierarchy, and management is very sane when it comes to projects and deliverables - much more focus on quality deliverables than you would expect from a large company.

Cons

As with all large companies there is some bureaucracy. Management is also spread too thin for the amount of employees, info reaches us in a late fashion (bonus info, event opportunities, info about the company, etc).

Advice to Management

Hire more managers.