Cobalt

www.cobalt.com
  www.cobalt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Relaxed technology company, filled with smart, young professionals.

Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Digital Advertising Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Culture. Everyone here wants to be here and knows a lot about different things. It is a very good place to work if you want to be able to try an improve the company, they are very receptive of feedback and changes. Good benefits, perks and technology.

Cons

I heard they pay lower than industry standard and only do percentage pay increases once you have started, no large jumps for promotions.

280 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

Great opportunities, but you gotta take the bull by the horns

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

It feels good to work at a company doing well, with customers who want your business. Personally, I have always felt that if I do my best, I get supported.

Having ADP has been great in terms of investment. We've gotten rid of tons of old code in the last few years, and it just keeps getting better.

We're doing some of the coolest stuff out there, most people just don't know about it because it's automotive-specific.

A good work/life balance. Lots of folks with young families.

Cons

Sometimes so much to do leads to distractions and re-prioritization.

Not having a consumer-friendly name means it's harder for people to understand what we do, in terms of recruiting.

Please invest in more bullish marketing. In an industry so loaded with folks to talk a good talk, we need to sound stronger to the market about how awesome we are.

Learning, Leading, Leveraging, Laboring

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A group of innovative and highly skilled individuals collaborate and regularly deliver best of class solutions. Their perseverance and dedication drives an engine that powers 10000 sites on a single, unified platform, and every day is an opportunity to learn a new skill or technique.

Cons

Legacy code intertwines with cutting-edge features and approaches, deadlines remain hard though implementations evolve, and innovation often is stifled by reality.

Make it a priority for everyone to spend time enhancing and innovating in an area of their choice, free of the bounds of architecture, client deliverables and timelines. What may be born as a result is likely to surprise, excite, and pay off.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt