There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Cobalt is the best company to work for in Seattle!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

Collaborative & professional environment
Great team
Exceptional Service and solid product offering that drive value
Innovative

Cons

There aren't any that this company doesn't overcome by focusing on people, product, technology and process.

Continue with your focus on the customer experience and innovation - it is outstanding.

287 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

Dynamic, fun, fast-paced environment

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are many good, smart, and talented people here who really seem to care about what they do and are fun to work with. Focus is on getting things done vs. politicking. Every individual has an opportunity to make an impact and career growth opportunities are there for those who work hard and reach for their goals. The company still has a start-up feel despite the ADP acquisition. The office and location is great and the benefits are solid.

Cons

Change is a constant, so those who like a steady state should look elsewhere. Self-starters will be most successful here.

A new challenge every day

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working for Cobalt for just a few months and there are a lot of great things about this company.
    -Great work/home balance. I have a flexible schedule that allows me to come in and leave from work whenever I want.
    -I can work on any task within my team. Nobody tells me what to take, I have the freedom to choose what I want to do.
    -An exciting problem domain where I can work on front-end or back-end development.
    -Free orca card pass which is the only way I travel.

Cons

-Poor communication from direct manager.
    -So far it doesn't seem like there is a lot of room to grow professionally. Cobalt greatly stresses the importance of learning which is excellent, but it doesn't look like there are many management positions for people to advance.

My first week I was told I would have a bi-weekly meeting with my manager regarding my progress and concerns with the company. That was the only meeting. My advice to the managers would be to follow through with their promises and listen to what their employees have to offer.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt