Cobalt

www.cobalt.com
  www.cobalt.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

Dynamic, fun, fast-paced environment

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are many good, smart, and talented people here who really seem to care about what they do and are fun to work with. Focus is on getting things done vs. politicking. Every individual has an opportunity to make an impact and career growth opportunities are there for those who work hard and reach for their goals. The company still has a start-up feel despite the ADP acquisition. The office and location is great and the benefits are solid.

Cons

Change is a constant, so those who like a steady state should look elsewhere. Self-starters will be most successful here.

283 Other Employee Reviews for Cobalt (View Most Recent)

Still under a year with the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great balance between concern for employee happiness & well-being and corporate results. Lots of internal talent, ability to interact with bright, committed team-mates with diverse background and skill-set

Cons

Relationships with parent companies (manufacturers) tend to impede efforts and results for direct customers (dealerships). Sometimes, still chasing the wrong performance indicators as industry changes

not enough experience to know yet, only have experience in one department, with one manager

A new challenge every day

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working for Cobalt for just a few months and there are a lot of great things about this company.
    -Great work/home balance. I have a flexible schedule that allows me to come in and leave from work whenever I want.
    -I can work on any task within my team. Nobody tells me what to take, I have the freedom to choose what I want to do.
    -An exciting problem domain where I can work on front-end or back-end development.
    -Free orca card pass which is the only way I travel.

Cons

-Poor communication from direct manager.
    -So far it doesn't seem like there is a lot of room to grow professionally. Cobalt greatly stresses the importance of learning which is excellent, but it doesn't look like there are many management positions for people to advance.

My first week I was told I would have a bi-weekly meeting with my manager regarding my progress and concerns with the company. That was the only meeting. My advice to the managers would be to follow through with their promises and listen to what their employees have to offer.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt