Cobalt

www.cobalt.com

Dynamic, fun, fast-paced environment

Pros

There are many good, smart, and talented people here who really seem to care about what they do and are fun to work with. Focus is on getting things done vs. politicking. Every individual has an opportunity to make an impact and career growth opportunities are there for those who work hard and reach for their goals. The company still has a start-up feel despite the ADP acquisition. The office and location is great and the benefits are solid.

Cons

Change is a constant, so those who like a steady state should look elsewhere. Self-starters will be most successful here.

Other reviews for Cobalt

A new challenge every day

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

Pros

I have been working for Cobalt for just a few months and there are a lot of great things about this company.
    -Great work/home balance. I have a flexible schedule that allows me to come in and leave from work whenever I want.
    -I can work on any task within my team. Nobody tells me what to take, I have the freedom to choose what I want to do.
    -An exciting problem domain where I can work on front-end or back-end development.
    -Free orca card pass which is the only way I travel.

Cons

-Poor communication from direct manager.
    -So far it doesn't seem like there is a lot of room to grow professionally. Cobalt greatly stresses the importance of learning which is excellent, but it doesn't look like there are many management positions for people to advance.

My first week I was told I would have a bi-weekly meeting with my manager regarding my progress and concerns with the company. That was the only meeting. My advice to the managers would be to follow through with their promises and listen to what their employees have to offer.

Fun, Challenging, Fast Paced Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

I have been an employee with Cobalt for a long time now. With that, it goes without saying that you don't stay at a company this long unless you truly believe in their vision.

To me Cobalt is inspiring, innovating and truly on the cutting edge of technology thought leadership. I believe pretty strongly that this level of thought leadership does not come from one individual. It comes from an organization that is open minded, and really listens to their employees. It comes from brilliant people that come from all industries to rally together to put together products and services that are top of the line. I am really thankful to be a part of that.

Cons

With all of this brilliance, we are overwhelmingly short staffed. The hours are hard, there is more work that can be done by one person. We need strong qualified development and management resources that can take this company to the next level.

It is a tough market to compete in, so we need alternate ways of hiring. Push, Push, Push for resources, whatever it takes, to bring in the right people to get us through all that we have today and our future endeavors.

If you are going to career fairs and other face to face situations, take along a handful of employees and let them discuss why they love working here.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt.

Worked for Cobalt? Contribute to the Community!