There are newer employer reviews for Cobalt

And again the employees are being forced to write reviews

Current Employee - Account Advocate in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Account Advocate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Cobalt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pros include not having a place to move upwards, no bonus structure and it doesn't matter how many of your clients love you - if you don't grind out the information exactly as requested you are considered a loser.

Cons

Please check the latest influx of great reviews! Isn't it strange how there is 'suddenly' lots of reviews in January of this new year? This company is pitiful and is only worthy to work for every 2 weeks.

Advice to Management

The Seattle culture didn't quite make it to Detroit - this place is similar to working in a factory. No happiness, new offices but it doesn't change how it is to work here. Also seeing Senior Mgmt every so many months doesn't help us to feel comfortable enough to speak with anyone. Thanks for the paycheck.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good group of people, but poorly executed mission

I have been working at Cobalt

Pros

Great overall attitude, quite a bit of personal/professional freedoms

Cons

Low pay, clueless upper management, many people in jobs above their ability level

Advice to Management

Please try to do more to keep and reward the competent people you have. There is a reason why everyone worth their salt keeps leaving.

Welcoming, open, and comfortable.

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Channel Strategy in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Channel Strategy in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cobalt full-time

Pros

Upon starting I was very gratified in my choice to move my career to Cobalt. The people here were not just very welcoming, but exceptionally helpful and interested. At least half a dozen people have gone out of their way to help me get oriented and integrated. Many more than that have done large and small things to ensure that I have felt included and a part of the team from day one.

From the moment I got settled into my office I found the whole place to much less stressed, frenetic, and tense than my former large, Redmond based employer. I am very happy to be a part of what Cobalt is building here. With my limited experience thus far, Cobalt seems unlike other places I have worked who claim to offer a start-up environment. There definitely seems to be a sense of urgency and an ability to execute. People have a lot of responsibility and seem to have a lot of freedom to execute within their discipline.

Comp is good and opportunities seem both available and attainable.

Cons

The ADP vs Cobalt on-boarding can be a bit confusing and the logistics of the hiring process can be tedious.

Advice to Management

None now.