Cobank

www.cobank.com
  www.cobank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cobank

Very satisfied working with CoBank in the beginning.

Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
Former Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Cobank

Pros

The company is sustainable and very stable in today's economy.

Cons

Management categories their associates. Management micro-manages and manages by fear.

Senior managers need to look and listen to lower level associates to see the big picture.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Cobank (View Most Recent)

Glad I'm gone!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Cobank

Pros

CoBank gives you $300 to give to your favorite charity of choice every year. CoBank provides their Colorado based employee's an RTD ECO pass to travel on the public transit system for free.

Cons

CoBank was the most micromanaged company that I've ever worked for. The health insurance was the worst insurance that I've ever seen a large company offer. Management has no compasion for their employees lives outside of work. The management is also very unapproachable and full of attitude. Very stuffy, conservative and political!

Provide employees the ability to annonymously review their supervisor's and managers. Relax! Work will get done without having to apply so much pressure. Let your employees breath a little bit and they might be a little happier! Loosen up! Way too serious all of the time!

Really cares about work life balance

Current Employee - Information Technology in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Cobank

Pros

- Rarely have to work more than 40 hrs a week
    - Really nice benefits (immediately vested 401k and nice bonus)
    - Bonus is tied to your own performance and that of the company... which means you will get a bonus of some sort.
    - Willing to accept new ideas for innovative technology (IT specific)
    - Really nice/fun people
    - Very low turnover
    - Lots of opportunities to improve your interpersonal skills via classes (from both HR and external contractors).
    - Management is very transparent.

Cons

- Pay isn't as good as it could be at other companies, but the pros outweigh the cons.
    - Some people are very hard to get a hold of when you need to work with them
    - Sometimes low turnover keeps those who don't work as hard in the work place for too long
    - A little too conservative... we just got flex time, but it would be nice to be able to work from home when necessary.

Continue treating your employees with respect and making us feel valued. Please keep up with quarterly meetings. It is really helpful to know what is going on in the company, and it makes me very happy that CoBank has been very transparent so far.

Bigger increases in yearly pay may be necessary to keep competitive in retaining employees. This could be an issue once the economy improves (I've heard talk).

There are newer employer reviews for Cobank