Cobb County School District

www.cobb.k12.ga.us

teacher

High School Teacher (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

Prossince we are a kid/faimily oriented business, they are naturally willing to work with you on family/kid issues. balance between work/home is pretty good. I feel like i am treated like a professional here. at my old school i felt like i was playing teacher. we were expected to work the gates at games and do other things on our own time. not so here. we participate because we want to not because we have to.

Consthe school board is often embroiled in some controversy. they spend lots of money on speakers for professional learning and then state that we will now need furloughs.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the pork. No high profile speakers. No meetings at resorts. Spend it on the teachers and kids. Keep on treating us like the professionals that we are. Also, let the public feel involved since we are public schools. Part of the issue with the new calendar that was adopted was that people felt they did not have input.

Not bad for part time if you can get it.

Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) Marietta, GA

I worked at Cobb County School District

Pros: You get paycheck on time. If they like you… Cons: The work is sporadic at best. Advice to Senior Management: Please be very descriptive about what is expected of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Cobb County--the supposed 'creme de la creme' of Metro Atlanta Schools

Teacher (Current Employee) Marietta, GA

I have been working at Cobb County School District

Pros: they believe in work/family balance, the pay is reasonable, the benefits are decent. there is less of a 'combat' feel like other districts. administration is… Cons: it seems as if it's not what you know, but who you know when it comes to promotions. in addition, it seems… Advice to Senior Management: give a new initiative or program time to work before you switch it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cobb County School District.

Worked for Cobb County School District? Contribute to the Community!