Cobb County School District

teacher

Current Employee - High School Teacher  in  Kennesaw, GA
Current Employee - High School Teacher in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Cobb County School District

Pros

since we are a kid/faimily oriented business, they are naturally willing to work with you on family/kid issues. balance between work/home is pretty good. I feel like i am treated like a professional here. at my old school i felt like i was playing teacher. we were expected to work the gates at games and do other things on our own time. not so here. we participate because we want to not because we have to.

Cons

the school board is often embroiled in some controversy. they spend lots of money on speakers for professional learning and then state that we will now need furloughs.

Cut the pork. No high profile speakers. No meetings at resorts. Spend it on the teachers and kids. Keep on treating us like the professionals that we are. Also, let the public feel involved since we are public schools. Part of the issue with the new calendar that was adopted was that people felt they did not have input.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Cobb County School District (View Most Recent)

Not bad for part time if you can get it.

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Marietta, GA

I worked at Cobb County School District

Pros

You get paycheck on time. If they like you , you can get hired.

Cons

The work is sporadic at best.

Please be very descriptive about what is expected of the teacher and what the substitute can expect.

Cobb County--the supposed 'creme de la creme' of Metro Atlanta Schools

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Cobb County School District

Pros

they believe in work/family balance, the pay is reasonable, the benefits are decent. there is less of a 'combat' feel like other districts. administration is not breathing down your back--they hired you to teach, and they trust you to do so. cobb offers many opportunities to attend staff development courses, and is relatively up to date on the technology used in the classroom.

Cons

it seems as if it's not what you know, but who you know when it comes to promotions. in addition, it seems as if ccsd can't stick with one program--things change every 2 years or so. huge disparities between east cobb and south/west cobb.

give a new initiative or program time to work before you switch it out. level the playing field between east cobb and other parts of cobb.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobb County School District

Worked for Cobb County School District? Contribute to the Community!