It was an okay company to work for

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Information Technology in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cobham full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation was competitive. Had a lot of flexibility when it came to hours. The company had several employee appreciation events.

Cons

It environment was out of date and they didn't want to spend any money. Benefits were below average. Management was out of touch and didn't care about San Diego employees. Was too nosy when it came to personal health.

Other Reviews for Cobham

We Work Hard and Play Hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Cobham full-time for more than a year

Pros

CDE San Diego has made many cultural changes and currently puts a big emphasis in great performance. This BU has had some notorious successes during the last 15 months and keeps driving change into the right direction.

Employees feel that they will be rewarded for their contributions

Cons

You have to be GREAT to be able to be part of this team. There is no room for average players so we have some haters out there.

Keep driving top performance!

Needs Sr. Leadership overhaul, do not recommend

Former Employee - Strategic Buyer  in  Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Strategic Buyer in Davenport, IA

I worked at Cobham full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are great people at this company working hard to succeed and make a difference. They could be highly successful with the right leadership.

Cons

Desperately needs to replace senior leadership at this site level. The culture is borderline toxic and definitely aims at quashing any challenges to the status quo. Communication was all but non-existent from senior leadership, and when inquiries were made to clarify strategy and implementation plans, none could be clearly defined. Bullying and harassment is widespread, even though the corporate level communicates this behavior is not to be tolerated. This sites lack of proper planning and project management are crippling its ability to execute effectively.

Address issues of harassment and bullying at this site, they are so commonplace people have accepted them as the norm. Fear of retribution for speaking up is warranted. When I submitted a formal complaint, it was swept under the rug by the local HR dept. The department I reported into has the most dysfunctional leadership I have ever experienced.

There are newer employer reviews for Cobham.

Worked for Cobham? Contribute to the Community!