There are newer employer reviews for Coborn's

Great atmosphere, mediocre pay.

Current Employee - Front End Manager in Albertville, MN
Current Employee - Front End Manager in Albertville, MN

I have been working at Coborn's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly Co-workers, Very Flexible, 20/20 point cards for $20 bonus gift cards, Time and half on sundays (if grandfathered in)

Cons

Cash Wise Foods division isn't as personal and friendly, starting out at minimum, low raises (usually $.07 every 6-12 months), some stores are outdated and technology for employees is out of date as well

Advice to Management

Update stores & technology, recognize positions for raises.

reviews filtered by

Great place for a part time job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waite Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waite Park, MN

I have been working at Coborn's

Pros

For a part time job this has been one of the better places that I have worked. They offer flexible scheduling, paid time off, profit sharing, and 401 k, and 1.5 time on Sundays for part time employees. Coworkers and management are generally friendly and easily approachable. They also offer many training opportunities for employees to take advantage of. As the Waite Park location is close to the corporate offices I see many members of management coming in to see how work is performed and talk with employees.

Cons

There seems to be a constant downward pressure on hours. It seems every 6mo period they cut available hours for departments. This results in a more stressful workplace and overlapping of many positions. There are not many opportunities for employees to move to full time at the store level the but company always seems to be posting management/corporate positions for employees to apply for.

Advice to Management

Customers appreciate having shorter check out lines and more workers on the floor to ask questions to and help them locate product. The constant cutting of man hours leads to many frustrated customers. Also, hiring consultants to follow us with stopwatches to determine how we can improve efficiency is not good for morale.

2. I really like it here

Current Employee - Bagger in Sauk Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Bagger in Sauk Rapids, MN

I have been working at Coborn's

Pros

The people who work their are really nice and help you a lot. people are usally nice. get time off when you want it.

Cons

low pay. no benefits. hard labor job. they dont really have anything bad about them besides what i already said.

Advice to Management

get more fun stuff for us to do or have picnics and parties at fun locations. have giveaways to employees