There are newer employer reviews for Coborn's

I really like it here

Current Employee - Bagger in Sauk Rapids, MN
Current Employee - Bagger in Sauk Rapids, MN

I have been working at Coborn's

Pros

The people who work their are really nice and help you a lot. people are usally nice. get time off when you want it.

Cons

low pay. no benefits. hard labor job. they dont really have anything bad about them besides what i already said.

get more fun stuff for us to do or have picnics and parties at fun locations. have giveaways to employees

reviews filtered by
  1. Wasn't bad

I worked at Coborn's

Pros

They have pretty flexible hours and they make it easy to request days off. Also, management is pretty good at making everything run smoothly.

Cons

They don't pay very well-- it would be similar to working at walmart. They also don't offer a discount on food, which surprised me. Instead, they reward people points if they do something like come in early, and once you get 20 points you can get a $20 gift card.

Overall good.

Former Employee - Front End Manager
    Former Employee - Front End Manager

I worked at Coborn's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers, flexible schedule, time and half on Sundays, paid time off after one year, employee owned, helped pay for college, company is involved in the community. I also liked all the little things the company did as well. Like the 20/20 rewards program for have perfect attendance, report card ect. once you had 20 points you get a gift card to the store for $20.

Cons

Minimum wage, raises are bare with the current economy, retail industry

Force on organic growth by improving current stores not building new ones. At the store level the store manager seem to wait til the last minute to hire additional help when employees resigned or when the college kids left so the current employees are forced to work a lot of little shifts ( 3 or 4 hour)

There are newer employer reviews for Coborn's