Coborn's
www.cobornsinc.com Saint Cloud, MN 5000+ Employees

Great place for a part time job.

Waite Park, MN

ProsFor a part time job this has been one of the better places that I have worked. They offer flexible scheduling, paid time off, profit sharing, and 401 k, and 1.5 time on Sundays for part time employees. Coworkers and management are generally friendly and easily approachable. They also offer many training opportunities for employees to take advantage of. As the Waite Park location is close to the corporate offices I see many members of management coming in to see how work is performed and talk with employees.

ConsThere seems to be a constant downward pressure on hours. It seems every 6mo period they cut available hours for departments. This results in a more stressful workplace and overlapping of many positions. There are not many opportunities for employees to move to full time at the store level the but company always seems to be posting management/corporate positions for employees to apply for.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomers appreciate having shorter check out lines and more workers on the floor to ask questions to and help them locate product. The constant cutting of man hours leads to many frustrated customers. Also, hiring consultants to follow us with stopwatches to determine how we can improve efficiency is not good for morale.

I really like it here

Bagger (Current Employee)
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I have been working at Coborn's

Pros: The people who work their are really nice and help you a… Cons: low pay. no benefits. hard labor job. they dont really… Advice to Senior Management: get more fun stuff for us to do or have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wasn't bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Coborn's

Pros: They have pretty flexible hours and they make it easy to request… Cons: They don't pay very well-- it would be similar to working at walmart. They also don't offer a discount on food, which surprised me.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Coborn's.

Worked for Coborn's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coborn's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coborn's CEO Chris Coborn. All reviews posted anonymously by Coborn's employees.