Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated

www.cokeconsolidated.com
  www.cokeconsolidated.com
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated

You are only as good as your last good month.

I have been working at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great bosses and co-workers. Having Coca-Cola on your resume can't hurt.

Cons

Upper management (Director level and up) seem to have forgotten what it takes to run the day to day operation.ds. Everyone is pushed to save money and beat budget, which is great and what we are paid to do. The problem is that if you fail to do this for a month or two, even if you have succeeded in the preceeding months or even years, you have to worry about your job, especially if you are not the just out of college type. You are given rediculous budgets to meet, based on inaccurate data, and then held accountable to them. Upper Management will never admit they made a mistake, they will just change the rules of the game and then place blame elsewhere. (I am generallizing here, but this is not necessarily true for all of upper management. There are some good ones out there!)
The CEO of the company speaks of God and being a Servant Leader, I believe that he truly means that. I see it in the hourly employees and Lower/Middle Management. I do not see it in upper management. I see a lot of politics (I know some of that is necessary, but it's too much and very self-serving at times.) and a lot covering ones behind. I do not see the honesty, humility, morality and servitude the company prides itself on.
It's a shame, because some levels of the company have it right. But some have it very wrong, and do not practice what the company preaches. I think we will still be very successful as a company, but there is a stigma that goes along with it. We must be careful with our success, honor God in everything we do, and make sure the others around us are doing the same.

Look closely around you.The person sitting across the conference table from you may not be the leader that you think he/she is. Ask questions. Find out.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated (View Most Recent)

They live their Mission Statement

I worked at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated full-time

Pros

Senior Management actively seeks feedback from employees at all levels on what they do well and what can be improved. Excellent benefit package. True team environment.

Cons

Need to re-think travel requirements for certain positions.

Highly qualified individuals are underappreciated

Current Employee - Bulk Account Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Bulk Account Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

fairly compensated, minimal supervision, good benefits

Cons

management seems nonexistent, unless you do something wrong then you will hear about it. promotions are hard to come by even if you do a great job consistently... it's more about the relationships you have with management and who you know, rather than what kind of job you do.

Spend more time out in the market and act like you care about the people under you. Recognize quality work, and reward it.

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated