Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated
www.cokeconsolidated.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

You are only as good as your last good month.

I have been working at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat bosses and co-workers. Having Coca-Cola on your resume can't hurt.

ConsUpper management (Director level and up) seem to have forgotten what it takes to run the day to day operation.ds. Everyone is pushed to save money and beat budget, which is great and what we are paid to do. The problem is that if you fail to do this for a month or two, even if you have succeeded in the preceeding months or even years, you have to worry about your job, especially if you are not the just out of college type. You are given rediculous budgets to meet, based on inaccurate data, and then held accountable to them. Upper Management will never admit they made a mistake, they will just change the rules of the game and then place blame elsewhere. (I am generallizing here, but this is not necessarily true for all of upper management. There are some good ones out there!)
The CEO of the company speaks of God and being a Servant Leader, I believe that he truly means that. I see it in the hourly employees and Lower/Middle Management. I do not see it in upper management. I see a lot of politics (I know some of that is necessary, but it's too much and very self-serving at times.) and a lot covering ones behind. I do not see the honesty, humility, morality and servitude the company prides itself on.
It's a shame, because some levels of the company have it right. But some have it very wrong, and do not practice what the company preaches. I think we will still be very successful as a company, but there is a stigma that goes along with it. We must be careful with our success, honor God in everything we do, and make sure the others around us are doing the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closely around you.The person sitting across the conference table from you may not be the leader that you think he/she is. Ask questions. Find out.

Not disgruntled but confused

Rct Driver (Former Employee)
Conway, SC

I worked at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated full-time for less than a year

Pros: average pay co-workers/peers fun to work with Cons: Management will lie to you, never say anything to you until they do as they did with me terminate you. Was hired as a full… Advice to Senior Management: No advice to management but advice to CEO check your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Merchandiser

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated part-time

Pros: Flexible schedule Autonomy Independent working conditions Cons: Long hours Heavy manual labor Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated.

Worked for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated CEO J. Frank Harrison III. All reviews posted anonymously by Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated employees.