There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

amazing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

good opportunities, good pay and leadership

Cons

never much time to spend with ur family

offer more opportunities and better hours

1305 Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company (View Most Recent)

Workload is massive with unreal expectations from management

Former Employee - Territory Development Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Development Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

#1 Brand Name in the World, Benefit package is really good. Sales tools are highly valuable in working in the trade.

Cons

The management is a complete fiasco. You will have multiple programs going on all at the same time, meaning nobody knows what's going on. Turnover is happening so fast, which means you have to work another person's job or maybe two as well as your own job, however, when something is going wrong with your job, you are questioned as to why. The workload is massive. Expect to work 55-60 hours a week, and even doing that, you will never be caught up. Vacations? Everyone who goes on vacation worked during their vacations, because you were scared what was coming your way when you got back, with 1200 customers to attend to, you could never take care of them as well as you wanted to. I witness on several occasions high senior management humiliate other managers in front of others, but since they laced the humiliation with some humor they thought it was appropriate. We had no merchandisers in the department, so besides everything else you do, they expected all your stores properly merchandised with no merchandisers that's after making 12 calls a day and completing all the paperwork. The stress level at this place will bring you down to your knees. The job will takeover your whole life, leaving you with little time to share with your family or anyone else.

Get rid of the Good Old Boy system in place. Senior managers without college degrees will always be insecure of better educated people. How many people from within my group were promoted to higher positions during my employments? Try zero!

Good money, loads of work

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

good pay/benefits
    i got promoted from part time to full time in 5 months
    day goes fast
    get tons of OT
    busy work and keeps you in shape
    very good for resume, obviously well known company

Cons

sometimes the work load is outrageous. When we are on "ad" or have a promotion going on for the holidays, expect to work very long and hard days. I was hired on as a part time Merch, and was told i would be working 20-30hrs a week. HA! i was working well over 50 hrs a week. I would also told to work doubles. I would work a 8 hour regular day starting at 4 or 5 am, go home for two hours and then do night hits on 6 stores and finish around 10. This of course is not the norm, but i did it for a full week and was burnt out. I wanted full time because of almost a $4 pay increase with benefits, so i thought i would pay my dues. It did pay off because I got full time. But I now regularly work six days a week for 3 weeks, then i get my two days off. This will create a high turnover rate. There are 2 of the 9 that were hired when I was.(Including me)

Dont expect much help if you are running behind. There will be days where you have 3 stores with 3 loads, and they will expect you to do EVERYTHING in 2-3 hrs/store. This is just sometimes impossible. Dont even get me started on how some of these account managers over order. But I do realize that they have a lot of pressure on them. But dont send me a 24 pallet load that is going to sit in my backroom for over a week. There has been numerous times where I have finished early, and had to go help finish someones route.

Communication is very poor. I HAVE to call my account manager and supervisor to see if displays are going up or if there will be any changes, you have to otherwise you will get a call after you have left the store, with someone telling you to go back and build something, or to tear something down you took your time to fill.

I have now almost been here for a year and have not called off or been more than five min late. I cannot believe how many people call off during an ad or even a regular basis, with no punishment.

I am just babbling on. Basically expect to work a ton and not get the appreciation you deserve.

Communicate! the merchandisers need direction if you want something done. Schedules can be a joke at times, not knowing if I have to work at 3 or 4 in the morning until 9 the night before is ridiculous.

Don't let people abuse the "working on your own" method. I just don't like knowing that someone is making more money than me out there who is showing up hours late to work and calls off numerous times a month. These actions should be handled. But then again thanks for all the OT!

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!