Coca-Cola Company

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Getting Better Operationally, But Culturally Sick

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you like working with bright people, this is a great place for you. Operationally, Coke is getting better and better, with a long runway for further improvements. That's great for shareholders.

Cons

But... Managers often take credit for the work of others in ways I've never seen anywhere else. I happens everywhere but is worse at Coca-Cola. Also, the cultures is too risk averse. If you take a risk and it fails, no matter how well-calculated, expect to get fried for it.

Take a hard look at middle management and see how your behavior drives these perverse behaviors.

1554 Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company (View Most Recent)

Overall good experience

Former Employee - Order Builder in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Order Builder in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pulling the minimum is fairly easy, voice pick system was a little flakey at times but overall great to work with. Work is fast paced with 30 to 40 selectors working at a time but it's fairly easy to work at your own pace, whether it's just enough or your working hard. Benefits were pretty good, with only a 2 month waiting period, paid holidays off and 2 weeks vacation with 3 floating holidays.

Cons

Pay is decent, with some incentives, but not that competitive compared with similar order selecting jobs elsewhere

marketing intern

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Albany, NY
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Albany, NY

I worked at Coca-Cola Company as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot by shadowing just about every position in the business. All employees were very helpful and friendly. Overall good experience as far as learning how to manage accounts and how a distribution/ sales business works

Cons

Not too much hands-on experience. A lot of watching. This was a good learning experience, but not a lot of achievements that I could put on a resume or share with potential employers.

Keep up the good work! The management team was very supportive, and encouraging to the sales reps in what I overheard on conference calls. They celebrated victories, noted weaknesses, and offered advice for their team.

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company