There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Coke is a great company, but just like many it has some bad and good qualities.

Current Employee - Order Builder in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Order Builder in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay, guaranteed at least 40 hours a week, yearly raises, two weeks vacation, great company discounts on phones, cars, computers.

Cons

poor management, hours of operation, no set off time, takes a toll on your body, kind of hard to get promoted from this position because it is kind of like the grunt work.

Advice to Management

make some management changes to improve the moral within the work place. Too much lying going on and tension between members of the management team.

reviews filtered by

If you want to have a life outside of work, or a chance for a better job in this company, don't waste your time.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

3 weeks vacation, that's it.

Cons

Although the 3 weeks of vacation is good, you have to submit them the prior December. So if something comes up, too bad, you can't change it. Add the fact that I only get 6 weekends off a year, while the merchandisers with the poorest performance get the best days off, results in a workplace full of unfair management and policies. Also, you're "lucky" to get a 28 cent raise each year for all of your hard work, while constantly being berated about how poor of a job everyone is doing. Management is very poor and only concerned with their own well-being, and they will throw you under the bus if they have to.

Advice to Management

Quit lying to your employees every day. Don't tell us that we're paid better than Pepsi because we know we aren't. I would also suggest looking into why the turnover rates are sky high and the majority of us hate our jobs, instead of mindlessly pulling new hires off the street and wondering why things aren't being done the right way. And lastly, listen to criticism instead of just blowing it off.

Not a great company to work for

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A lot of days I was off by one or two pm. Other than that, there were no other pros in working for this company.

Cons

Had to be at work at 5am, sometimes 4am or even 3am.
    You end up working way more hours than you're scheduled for because, inevitably, someone will be calling in to work and they will force you to pick up that slack.
    They don't care about your personal well-being.
    You are constantly alone and constantly driving.
    You are always pissing off the store managers because you are either in their way or you have way too much product in the back room (which isn't even your fault).
    Account managers bring in wayyyyyyy to much product to boost their sales, and you have to be the one who deals with it and organizes it.

Advice to Management

Show some compassion to your merchandisers.

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company