Coca-Cola Company

www.coca-colacompany.com

Worst job I have ever had...STAY AWAY!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsDecent pay, excellent benefits, looks good on a resume...those who dont know the company think good things, those who do know how dedicated and hard working you are.

ConsWork/life balance is non existent (if I could list negative stars I would). I would constantly work 11-12 hrs a day often without even stopping to eat. Combined with 6 hrs during the weekend as well when we had big projects (such as contracts to sign or some suit coming down) meant I had no time what so ever to spend with my family. If you have an executive coming down from any office be prepared to work 13-15 hrs doing manual labor stacking and moving soda because they MIGHT spend 5 minutes in that store. And once that exec has left you as the account manager are left to get the product out of the store somehow...which only hurts your metrics.

The company expects you to walk into a store and demand things. Goals sent from on high have no basis in reality...you can only "do more with less" for so long and "just get it in, we will worry the fallout later" does not fly well especially with small business owners who have their livelihoods invested in their businesses. Coupled with management actively stopping you from following through on commitments, customers dont often want to deal fairly with you.

Dont ever expect your managers to reward you for a job well done. I was told by several managers "No one reads yesterdays paper. I dont care what you did for me yesterday. What are you going to do for me today?"
Arent the successes and failures of today built on yesterdays? Management rules through fear. You are constantly threatened with your job.

Having us fill out 7 trackers a day (all requiring lots of different info) when we dont have the battery power to constantly keep track of the info just leads to bad and made up info.

Upper management is beyond disconnected from the ground level business. As previously stated you will often deal with combative and uncooperative customers because they constantly have to deal with broken promises from this company. I made a habit of telling them I would not promise them anything as I could never be sure if my company would prevent me from fulfilling that promise. Company contests for sales are dealt with in a similar manner...management has a terrible tendency to not follow through.

Now that they have taken away the company cars you also have to drive your own car around...which has to fall within certain age and price (yes PRICE!) criteria.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people! 1-2 extra people per district would work wonders for your sales team. Your people would actually have the time to start executing your sales programs properly and get things done in a reasonable amount of time and in a quality manner.

Also, do one of these two things:
1. Spend more time out actively working with your Account Managers and Merchandisers to see and experience what they go through. Something like undercover boss...

if you arent willing to do that then go with:

2. Just stay in your office and out of the way...Account Managers and Merchandisers have enough to do without having to waste time, money, and relationship capital (calling in favors and the like) to make a store look pretty for you, especially when the pricing does not even support the floor displays. What you guys see when you walk into a store on a tour is not reality...its the result of alot of wasted money and time that could be better spent actually growing actual business.

Sanitation Specialist, Quality Technician

Quality Technician (Current Employee) Okmulgee, OK

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good company to work for. Good working conditions and… Cons: Not many. Salaries are on low end, but Oklahoma… Advice to Senior Management: Management's worst fault is it's lack of coordination and cooperation between… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people, good benefits, but culture changing with CCR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Free product. Fun people. Good experience. Mediocre performance that is tolerated makes… Cons: Company culture is shifting negatively with recent acquisition of CCE. Lots of red tape. No clear direction on career development… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Coca-Cola Company.

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!