There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Great Company, I really like my job

Current Employee - Account Manager - Large Store in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Account Manager - Large Store in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working here and the people are so friendly and nice. What I love most about this company is that they really have your back as an employee. I have worked for companies where you are always scared to make a mistake and you are scared you will lose your job. I have never felt that way at Coke. They use your mistakes as a way to teach you and make you better. The manangment really cares about their employees and they treat you with hight levels of respect. The BENEFITS ROCK!! You get 18 days paid vacation your first year w/ the option to purchase additional 'unpaid vacation" the 2nd year. I chose to purchase 2 extra days this year and have 4 weeks vacation my 2nd year at the company. The 401K is amazaing and so are all the health benefits. The hours are very flexible and they pay very well for gas mileage if you are out in the trade.

Cons

They are always changing and sometimes you feel like as soon as you get comfortable w/ one way of doing things then they change it. Also, you have a lot of different things you are graded on as a sales rep and it's hard to really be able achieve all the goals.. so you sometime you have to pick and choose what you are going to focus on at any given time. It's really not possible to achieve them all at the same time. Sometimes what upper managment decideds to focus on and push for doesn't really make sence at store level and that gets frusterating.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employess about what is and is now working out in the trade. I would advise that the case amounts and focus on Monthly Priorities be adjusted depending on the stores volume and demographic.

reviews filtered by

Network Engineer

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, flex-time, free soda fountains on every floor, company perks and discounts, and a very recognizable name to put on your resume. The culture is great and diverse. You will make friends, guaranteed.

Cons

Long hours. I worked 7 days a week. Pay was way below industry standard. Unreasonable deadlines and priorities.

Forget "Open Happiness". "No happiness" is the true slogan at Coca-Cola Refreshments

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Beyond saying you worked for the Coca-Cola Company, there are none. Getting this company on your resume will provide other opportunities outside the company. Maximize your time at the company and leverage the remaining resources.

Cons

Since the integration, when CCE merged with The Coca-Cola Company, everything has eroded: salaries, benefits, training and development, and upward mobility. Anything that did, can, and could create happiness is cut to save money including jobs.

The current environment includes:

- Restructuring every 2 to 3 years with management looking for short-term ways to save money at the expense of employees
    - No work life balance
    - Constant turnover and hiring freezes leaving remaining team to shoulder workload
    - Annual merit increases in 2 to 3% range or less for new hirers
    - U.S. lack of full bonus payout
    - Difficulty getting basic equipment
    - No cross functional opportunities

This isn't the Open Happiness Factory.

Advice to Management

If loyalty is important, remember to invest in one of the biggest assets the company has, which is its employees. Take a balanced approach to focusing on the development of both strategies and tactics. When process improvement becomes the sole driver, a company begins to lose it's soul which is its people...and Coca-Cola Refreshments is fast approaching, if not already at a soul-less stage.

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company