There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Right idea, wrong execution

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Descent pay, career advancement opportunities (if you're willing to move around), the company has the right ideas in place for growth.

Cons

Sales reps have too many accounts in a day to execute the "Look of success" on a day to day basis. I average 13-16 a day and upper managers say 30-45 mins per small store account. theres no way, closer to 50-65 mins per store to do what they want you to do. Upper management starting from District sales manager and up have NO IDEA what their account managers have to do every day. Recently they have removed the relief sales rep from the small store side. So we are writing "blind orders" for anywhere from 2 weeks to a month out. Get out your crystal ball and predict the weather along with regular random occurrences. It will be impossible to be at all accurate. And customers are furious, they don't believe for a minute that this is in their benefit. It's a cost cutting measure.

Give your small store account managers 6-10 stops a day so they can execute the great ideas you have in place. Right now they're ideas because no one can actually do them. Monetarily reward your employees more often. One or two rediculious rewards a year that one person in the entire market unit wins is not even worth it.

1308 Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company (View Most Recent)

Overtime gets old, pay was decent

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  Mount Pleasant, IA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Mount Pleasant, IA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid off some bills, nothing else

Cons

Consistently had to work 55-60 hours a week. On my days off, my stores were done poorly meaning my first day back was going to be at least a ten hour day. Sales people are pushed to make large orders which meant trying to fit more product than possible in a space provided by the store. Hazardous work conditions in some of the stores, I actually had the steel mesh collapse and trap me 8 ft off the ground in one store because somebody hadn't used a full sized pallet to put the merchandise up into the racks.

Get rid of the bad merchandisers, when you come into work and the floor looks horrible, the backroom worse, and the store management is up your rear end, your week starts off pretty bad.

Great well known company, well rounded, not good at all with tracking bonuses and goals. a lot of change that happen.

Current Employee - Market Development Manager  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Market Development Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment. Great people. Awesome team members. Good benefits. Overall a good solid company that isn't going anywhere

Cons

they need to let the local markets control the tracking of local sales.

None- my management has been great

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Worked for Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!