Coca-Cola Company

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Right idea, wrong execution

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Descent pay, career advancement opportunities (if you're willing to move around), the company has the right ideas in place for growth.

Cons

Sales reps have too many accounts in a day to execute the "Look of success" on a day to day basis. I average 13-16 a day and upper managers say 30-45 mins per small store account. theres no way, closer to 50-65 mins per store to do what they want you to do. Upper management starting from District sales manager and up have NO IDEA what their account managers have to do every day. Recently they have removed the relief sales rep from the small store side. So we are writing "blind orders" for anywhere from 2 weeks to a month out. Get out your crystal ball and predict the weather along with regular random occurrences. It will be impossible to be at all accurate. And customers are furious, they don't believe for a minute that this is in their benefit. It's a cost cutting measure.

Give your small store account managers 6-10 stops a day so they can execute the great ideas you have in place. Right now they're ideas because no one can actually do them. Monetarily reward your employees more often. One or two rediculious rewards a year that one person in the entire market unit wins is not even worth it.

1490 Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company (View Most Recent)

Corporate Giant that cares little for their employees

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Had autonomy and flexible hours...created big events and leads for company, great resume builder

Cons

They care little for thier employees, only the bottom line. Senior leadership only cares about dollars and will throw you under the bus or in a sinking ship when it benefits them. Morale is low and turnover extremely high. You think you have autonomy, but then everything you do gets questioned in the end

Overtime gets old, pay was decent

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Mount Pleasant, IA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Mount Pleasant, IA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paid off some bills, nothing else

Cons

Consistently had to work 55-60 hours a week. On my days off, my stores were done poorly meaning my first day back was going to be at least a ten hour day. Sales people are pushed to make large orders which meant trying to fit more product than possible in a space provided by the store. Hazardous work conditions in some of the stores, I actually had the steel mesh collapse and trap me 8 ft off the ground in one store because somebody hadn't used a full sized pallet to put the merchandise up into the racks.

Get rid of the bad merchandisers, when you come into work and the floor looks horrible, the backroom worse, and the store management is up your rear end, your week starts off pretty bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company