Coca-Cola Company

www.coca-colacompany.com
  www.coca-colacompany.com
There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Its an operation driving, fast pace company. There are many career opportunities but also high churn rate.

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brand awareness in CPG industry, high visibility and and good exposure to different areas, and opportunities to lead various projects.

Cons

The leadership team needs to improve. The value and culture is not as great as it advertise. Over emphasize for moving people around, resulting in lack of employee loyalty and stability

1409 Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company (View Most Recent)

Market Development Manager

Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers (non-management) and customers were awesome. People working hard every day to serve the customer and customers working hard to make their businesses a success. Without a doubt, when I told my customers or potential new accounts that if I were in their position, I would select Coca-Cola products to grow my business, I meant it sincerely and believe it to this day. Great brands and great marketing. I believe Coca-Cola at the upper level is a sincere organization trying to balance running a profitable company while trying to be good partners in the community. Whether recycling (NO ONE recycles like Coca-Cola!) or involvement in charity, I would be surprised to see another large company that demonstrates their commitment to their corporate values through action like Coca-Cola.

Cons

I was brought on board and told I could run my territory as if it were my own business. That did not prove to be the case. My manager was more interested in taking on new accounts at the expense of servicing the ones I already had. What she failed to understand was that not only was I committed to protect the Coca-Cola brand, but also my own. To my customers, Coca-Cola and I were one and the same. if we failed to deliver what we promised, I failed to deliver. I view my relationship with my customer as a true partnership where I owe them everything within my means to give them the tools to be successful and grow their business. That is part of the conversation when they partner with me and I mean to deliver it.

Select your DSMs and other managers more carefully. Look for leaders. Look for people who place the needs of others before their own. They are easy to spot. Don't promote based on the numbers they generated as MDMs. Quality of accounts is more important than quantity. A couple of solid businesses can easily outperform a dozen accounts that can't even push a BIB of syrup before it expires.

If you are going to launch a new product and introduce it at the sales meeting, have plenty for everyone to sample. When Zico came out, we were shown a couple of cartons and told that although a lot of people don't initially like the taste of it, they probably will if they keep trying it. WOOHOO! I'm ready to throw my weight behind that one. "Although I haven't tried this product, I have it on good authority that if you think you hate it now, wait till you try it!"

For a Vitaminwater push, we met at our old distribution center on a hot summer day. To our delight, there were a few different flavors at ambient temperature to sample as we listened to how important it is that the beverage is best served cold. I wasn't a Vitaminwater drinker before that event and I certainly wasn't converted to one that day.

Clean all the dead accounts off the books (suppress) without penalizing the MDMs who never took them on in the first place. There appeared to be a wave of activity before me that signed on ANYONE, qualified or not just to show growth. Take the hit and get rid of them, focus on building real value for the shareholder and enforce account qualification tools to reduce the risk of anchoring valuable assets inside businesses that are shuttered almost as soon as they are opened. You have some very good planning tools. Make sure people are using them.

Be willing to think outside the box to adapt to irregular operations. The water main broke in one of the town's where I had several accounts and they were unable to use their fountains for several days. No one in the entire town had water. As soon as I found out, I asked one of the mangers if we could get them off route deliveries. Almost at the same time, my customers started calling to see if I could help them out? We couldn't make it happen. No, we wouldn't make it happen. We could have been heros that week. Instead, my name and reputation took a hit in that town. This is only one example of where we could have turned a problem into an opportunity.

Good learning experience

Former Employee - Strategic Inter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Strategic Inter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot from great people. Loved everything about the company.

Cons

I have do not have cons.

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company