Coca-Cola Company

Good place to work

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Smith, AR
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

The hours are a bit early if you're full time and set for the weekend. Pay is good. I'm a weekender and there were 105 applications when I hired on. Everyone wants to work here because of the good pay and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Might be a bit too lax in regulations.

Institute Personal Management Interviews.

1445 Other Employee Reviews for Coca-Cola Company (View Most Recent)

not a happy camper

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

The location of the work site. The people I work with are good down to earth people. The union guidlines that keep the peace between management and the employees.

Cons

Management, I have yet to meet any member of the management team who has any real leadership abilities. Some have openly stated there rude opinions of the blue coller employees. There seems to be no one to listen to those who actually work for the company.

Let the workers work. Before you invent a new rule, and issue dissapline for said rule, learn a little bit of the job and/or jobs it will effect.

Yet another huge corporation trying to have as few employees as possible and overworking them all

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst (Terminally Contracted) in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst (Terminally Contracted) in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company

Pros

Free soda: Soda is free out of the fountains on every floor at corporate. I don't indulge since I just don't need the calories (water is AWESOME), but I guess it's a winning point for a lot of people. Recognizable name: People all over the world recognize this business's name when you tell them where you work. Benefits: The benefits package is pretty nice if you can actually get hired on as something with a salary and not employed by a third party.

Cons

Being as I am a Help Desk Analyst, I take phone calls all day long. I speak to people from all walks of life who all have one thing in common: They work for CCE (or are contracted to work for CCE). The majority of people I speak to who are salaried are severely overworked - around 50-60 hours a week. Those who are not salaried are either hourly (kept just below 40 hours so no benefits) or contractors (hourly, no benefits no matter how many hours you work).

I have almost unlimited access to the IT department and recently have been assisting people with HR needs as well (The HR department has been almost completely outsourced, resulting in very poor service to our end users. The result is increased call volume to my department and we have to do our best to help them...). I mention this because I have seen the paychecks of many of these employees. The average salary of anyone not in a management position is around 27-30k a year. Those in management can expect about 35-38k a year. Those in upper, upper management (once again, I'm in IT, so I help all these people and have access to their calendars) attend meetings all day. I also have several friends in upper management who have told me about their days. Their job consists almost exclusively of brainstorming on ways to cut costs so we can increase profit and thereby create the illusion of sales growth to keep the stock price as high as possible and simultaneously pay more dividends to the shareholders. They are compensated very well for their efforts, but *none* of them were hired from within the company.

That brings me to my next point: promotion opportunities are always lateral and never performance-based. As stated above, everyone gets paid almost the same thing, and the time-at-work/pay ratio increases exponentially unless you make it into the upper echelons of management (again, no one up there I have talked to started with this company). Contracted positions are just that: contracted. They will hire you on with promises of opportunities for advancement, but unless you make some good friends in high places and get those opportunities yourself, they're not coming. Most companies have a bylaw that any contracted position that is present for a year must be terminated or hired on as an employee to avoid the legal discrepancy known as dual-employment. CCE doesn't seem concerned with this at all. They're happy to outsource anything and everything. In fact, they have made it known throughout the entire company that one of their goals (which they are excelling at) is to outsource all "non-core" activities. Basically, anything that can legally be justifiably outsourced is getting outsourced. Employees are scared for their jobs, and they know no matter how good of a job they do, they will still get outsourced if possible.

Instead of advice, I shall offer questions. The answers are not immediately obvious, but the implications should be to anyone:
    1) At what point during the process of outsourcing is a company no longer a company? Put differently, if a company is almost entirely outsourced, is it not just a joint-endeavor by a lot of other companies who have limited vested interest in one another?
    2) Why artificially simulate non-sustainable growth? Isn't this self-defeating long-term? Why not stop wasting time doing this and start spending more time creating actual value for the company by further streamlining our processes?
    3) Will you ever finish rolling out SAP? Couldn't you have built a solution from scratch that worked better than SAP by now? Have you ever heard the phrase "cut your losses"?
    4) Being in leadership, who do you serve? The board or the employees of CCE?

There are newer employer reviews for Coca-Cola Company