Code and Theory
www.codeandtheory.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Don't be fooled...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Code and Theory full-time

ProsThey have managed to attract some great talent. Employees are super fun and everyone hangs out pretty often which is great.

ConsThe downside is that they lost some fantastic creative leadership and they haven't managed to replace them. The current management is far removed from the actual creation of the work and seem to do more arguing and yelling than actual work. Credit is not given and good talent often gets over looked since the management generally don't have formal backgrounds in the core disciplines that make up the digital agency (visual, ux, tech). It's genuinely one of the most disappointing jobs I've ever taken and I can say it is 99% caused by poor leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be humble, listen more, hirer more management that actually get their hands dirty. Also, soliciting good reviews on glass door is very obvious.

Worth it.

Designer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Code and Theory full-time for more than a year

Pros: Amazing talent, ideas, and production quality. You'll do good work here and learn a lot… Cons: Minimum pay, long/wasted hours, and high employee churn. Though you'll do good work here, you'll only do it until you inevitably burnout. Peers… Advice to Senior Management: Pay employees more. The long hours would feel more justified. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Looks better from the outside

New York, NY

I have been working at Code and Theory full-time for more than a year

Pros: Casual office and good location. Occasionally cool work, mainly publishing… Cons: Repeating whats already been said, management is arrogant, childish, and they dont know how to… Advice to Senior Management: Dont just be all talk. Hire people who know what they're… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Code and Theory.

Worked for Code and Theory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Code and Theory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Code and Theory CEO Dan Gardner and Brandon Ralph. All reviews posted anonymously by Code and Theory employees.