Codexis

www.codexis.com

No but seriously, we're turning things around!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsCodexis had a brilliant set of scientists to learn from, and science was incredibly fascinating, we were all in this together to help bring a positive change to the world!

ConsUpper Management is utterly and comically incompetent, from department heads that have no clue about what's going on in the departments that they manage. People that do the actual research in the laboratory are the hardest working and least rewarded at the company.

Management keeps promising that they are working on saving the business, but they haven't landed any deals of significance since the new CEO took charge. Yet upper management keeps giving themselves titular promotions and salary increases while again, the people actually researching are told that they need to "run a lean operation"

People with dissenting attitudes are marginalized and ignored. There are no opportunities for advancement within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet yourselves out of the administration building and realize how hard working your R&D people are, quit insulting them and be honest about the long term prospects of your company. Own up to your failures and explain to your employees why you can't land business deals, no more smoke and mirrors and blaming the former CEO.

Great people and world-leading enzyme engineering technology but size of potential market remains unclear.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

I worked at Codexis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great work environment, excellent scientists, very committed to developing biocatalysis as a… Cons: From 2007-2011, company expanded substantially into biofuels and green technology, while leaving legacy pharma enzyme business on auto-pilot. Poor communication of E-level business maneuverings… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up E-level transparency regarding business strategy in order to keep on target and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sinking Ship

I have been working at Codexis full-time

Pros: Plenty of FTO, 401K match, most of the benefits are… Cons: Despite mutliple layoffs (company is about as lean as it can get), management piles on more and more work without stepping back to see the… Advice to Senior Management: Avoid the nepotism and open your eyes to how your employees are feeling during the tumultous times, especially when the outlook doesn't seem good. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Codexis.

Worked for Codexis? Contribute to the Community!