Cogent Communications
www.cogentco.com Washington, DC 500 to 999 Employees

Great place to start your sales experiences for the first time.

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cogent Communications full-time for less than a year

ProsThe management helps guide you in the right direction but doesn't hold your hand once you are on your feet.

ConsCold calling all day, finding prospects on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time in the first 2 months to spend with the new hires so when they come to closing a deal they will be confident and want to continue the pursue.

Classic Corporate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cogent Communications

Pros: Young workforce and some cool people and if you're in… Cons: Revolving Door and majority of decent accounts are owned by… More

IF THEY CALL YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW- RUN

I have been working at Cogent Communications full-time

Pros: Sign on bonus. Free sodas. Cons: Management, Management, Management. All they do is babysit reps all day and micromanage them to the point you feel like you're handcuffed to the chair… Advice to Senior Management: HIRE REALY MANAGERS. NOT REPS WHO SOLD YOU A LOT OF STUFF. JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN TALK AND SELL DOESN'T MEAN… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cogent Communications.

Worked for Cogent Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cogent Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cogent Communications CEO Dave Schaeffer. All reviews posted anonymously by Cogent Communications employees.