Cogent Communications
www.cogentco.com Washington, DC 500 to 999 Employees

Ready to be another one of the cattle...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cogent Communications full-time for more than a year

ProsIn a year...the only one is that if your manager likes you, you will go far. Embrace the "group think" mentality and your comp will soar.

ConsPeople are just a commodity at Cogent in this job market. The impression is that, either do what you are told, or there is someone waiting to fill your shoes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat current employees well by acknowledging service. Provide opportunities for continuting ed outside of the 'sales' channel, regardless of the CW.

HR and Management are sales people. Don't believe what they say.

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Cogent Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros: -If you consider paying $300/month for basic healthcare and benefits package, then they have one. -Expense reimbursement. Taking clients out for drinks-Dinner can… Cons: -With the way their incentive plan is set up, management is rewarded for having more staff on deck no matter how little they produce so… Advice to Senior Management: Stop blaming employees and finally take a look at your business model. What… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Networking Bootcamp

Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Cogent Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros: With this being such a small organization we work on issues and equipment comparable positions at rival companies would… Cons: The pace can be pretty brutal at times. Advice to Senior Management: Management overall is great. It would greatly assist workers to have a defined way to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cogent Communications.

Worked for Cogent Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cogent Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cogent Communications CEO Dave Schaeffer. All reviews posted anonymously by Cogent Communications employees.