Cognizant Technology Solutions
3.5 of 5 4,932 reviews
www.cognizant.com Teaneck, NJ 5000+ Employees

Support functions need to change

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

ProsOpen environment
A growing organization
Very customer focused organization. If the customer is happy and gives more business you get whatever you want.
Good annual bonuses.
The delivery leaders are very open to suggestions and are always willing to go the extra mile for the employees. ( i wish it were true for the support functions also)
If you have a niche skill, they will bring you on board irrespective of the compensation. The senior delivery leadership have a lot of discretion when it comes to compensation and paying for the niche skills.

ConsMy team was very stifled.
No transparency between locations
Everything is very chennai centric- if you have your umbilical cord tied to chennai/ pune leaders you will get what you want. case in point. I had to relocate but i was given reason that the company does not do intra company transfers however towards the end of my stay I came to know that the company has initiated H1B processing for 5 support folks to the US and even more after that. All the people who have been transferred to the US are either from Pune or Chennai or started their careers in these locations. I do not know of any person from any of the other locations who has moved to international assignments - UK/ EURP/ US specifically.
Do not be shy about bargaining for the highest compensation and role- you have to look out for yourself as the recruiters are over eager meet their numbers at the lowest compensation and lowest role.
If you are being hired in an international location and then ask for a move to India, be aware you will not get the best compensation in the market.
Do not join after Aug - sept of the financial year- you will not see any hike in compensation for at least 18 months even if everyone else in the company has been given a 20% hike.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease review performance of managers with the criteria of how many people quit his/ her team. Take exit interviews seriously (someone might be a good individual performer but may not be a good manager - in my case i know that the manager definitely spoiled 5 careers and broke at least 1 people so badly that they do not want to explore corporate life again)

CTS the best

Senior Process Executive (Current Employee)
    Chennai (India)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good work environment, good leaders, team mates, friends.. Its just… Cons: Always give good package for the new employees from various… Advice to Senior Management: Give high increment for the existing employees.. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A vey good company and tremendous learning oppourtunity

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chennai (India)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 1)great work environment 2)People oreinted company 3)Good Hike and growth 4)Flexible 5)Very stable and… Cons: 1)Managers/Directors are the king makers,if you are under a manager who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cognizant Technology Solutions CEO Frank D'Souza. All reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees.