Cognizant Technology Solutions

www.cognizant.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Support functions need to change

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Bangalore (India)
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Open environment
A growing organization
Very customer focused organization. If the customer is happy and gives more business you get whatever you want.
Good annual bonuses.
The delivery leaders are very open to suggestions and are always willing to go the extra mile for the employees. ( i wish it were true for the support functions also)
If you have a niche skill, they will bring you on board irrespective of the compensation. The senior delivery leadership have a lot of discretion when it comes to compensation and paying for the niche skills.

Cons

My team was very stifled.
No transparency between locations
Everything is very chennai centric- if you have your umbilical cord tied to chennai/ pune leaders you will get what you want. case in point. I had to relocate but i was given reason that the company does not do intra company transfers however towards the end of my stay I came to know that the company has initiated H1B processing for 5 support folks to the US and even more after that. All the people who have been transferred to the US are either from Pune or Chennai or started their careers in these locations. I do not know of any person from any of the other locations who has moved to international assignments - UK/ EURP/ US specifically.
Do not be shy about bargaining for the highest compensation and role- you have to look out for yourself as the recruiters are over eager meet their numbers at the lowest compensation and lowest role.
If you are being hired in an international location and then ask for a move to India, be aware you will not get the best compensation in the market.
Do not join after Aug - sept of the financial year- you will not see any hike in compensation for at least 18 months even if everyone else in the company has been given a 20% hike.

Please review performance of managers with the criteria of how many people quit his/ her team. Take exit interviews seriously (someone might be a good individual performer but may not be a good manager - in my case i know that the manager definitely spoiled 5 careers and broke at least 1 people so badly that they do not want to explore corporate life again)

6559 Other Employee Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions (View Most Recent)

CTS the best

Current Employee - Senior Process Executive in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Process Executive in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, good leaders, team mates, friends.. Its just like back to college.. enjoying

Cons

Always give good package for the new employees from various company, they didnt give good increment for the existing employees

Give high increment for the existing employees..

Employee Friendly Company. Good place to start off

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Pros

Growing very fast in terms of revenue and services

Cons

Very Siloed teams. Many teams do the same thing competing against each other

There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions