Cognizant Technology Solutions

www.cognizant.com

A terrific company to work with; it lifts your spirits.

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Associate Director in San Francisco, CA

Pros

A free hand approach. Demonic delivery focus. Client centric and knows the market by its pulse.

Cons

Process to make the employees visible to senior management to be strenghthened.

To protect the bottom of the pyramid while concentrating on newer avenues.

Other reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Terrible experience - if you are not Indian and getting a senior job, think again

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

Pros

Compensation not bad. Bonuses are good, but unreliable and not directly related to your own contribution. Some really great people among the mass of junior workers and Indian-descent men who have been promoted way beyond their ability.

Cons

I was hired as an AVP to develop a business. Budget cut immediately. Wanted tier-1 thinking and leadership, but with no investment.

Ended up reporting to a young man in India who literally pulled all of my team away from me without telling me (or them). I was told on my exit that 70% of non-Indian descent people are gone within 12-months. Confirmed that my SVP had cut ALL the white people from his organization. Not worth the law suit. I found another senior job (outside the company) within a couple of weeks.

If you think you are going to have a senior role in this company, think again. There are many many examples of people who've been told one thing and then faced another reality. They want tier-1 people to take their ideas, and then cut them.

Finally, I was "released" with 2-days notice. Yes, really... they fired an AVP with 2-days notice.

The CEO message is sound. The senior execs are hurting your execution. Your (illegal) treatment of outsiders is hurting your ability to learn and grow (beyond just hiring 30% more people per year). Your 2015 vision is decent, but your lack of investment will break your ability to execute beyond the marketing story.

A good stepping stone, but not much else

Former Employee - Associate Consultant  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in San Jose, CA

Pros

Good opportunities to work with Fortune 500 clients that add weight to your resume over time.

Cons

- Personal growth is a flat line unless you suck up to, or piggyback on a manager who happens to be on his way up the ladder.
    - True hard work is never rewarded. The performance appraisal system is a joke. The rewards and recognitions that are actually handed out are always rigged and are an eyewash.
    - Stingy as hell. Salaries are way below industry averages and never grow unless you manage to get promoted. If you're relocating overseas or traveling, you'll be made to share hotel rooms/ cab rides/ anything else that the company is paying for, with others.
    - Zero work-life balance. You're expected to slog away as much as your project requires you to.
    - I never felt valued as an employee or even a human being for that matter. Almost all my managers on the client's side cared about me, mentored and encouraged me more than any Cognizant manager ever did.

Stop treating your employees like billing rates, and make them feel valued as people first. That would be a good place to start.

There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!