There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Mid level management very bad, You have to be a Pet to someone in this company

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very transparent leadership team, Benefits, Opportunity to improve your skills, Business Development

Cons

Mid level management attitude towards employees - If you say no genuinely, you go in to their bad books, many good employees are not recognized due to unfruitful relationship with managers. Appraisal process can be better.

Advice to Management

Please try to retain current employees by providing a good appraisal process, eliminate monkey managers who does not have the right skills to do appraisal.

reviews filtered by
  1. great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work culture, perks, availability of projects, relocation expense reimbursements

Cons

salary, career growth, middle management, work life balance

Terrible experience - if you are not Indian and getting a senior job, think again

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Compensation not bad. Bonuses are good, but unreliable and not directly related to your own contribution. Some really great people among the mass of junior workers and Indian-descent men who have been promoted way beyond their ability.

Cons

I was hired as an AVP to develop a business. Budget cut immediately. Wanted tier-1 thinking and leadership, but with no investment.

Ended up reporting to a young man in India who literally pulled all of my team away from me without telling me (or them). I was told on my exit that 70% of non-Indian descent people are gone within 12-months. Confirmed that my SVP had cut ALL the white people from his organization. Not worth the law suit. I found another senior job (outside the company) within a couple of weeks.

If you think you are going to have a senior role in this company, think again. There are many many examples of people who've been told one thing and then faced another reality. They want tier-1 people to take their ideas, and then cut them.

Finally, I was "released" with 2-days notice. Yes, really... they fired an AVP with 2-days notice.

Advice to Management

The CEO message is sound. The senior execs are hurting your execution. Your (illegal) treatment of outsiders is hurting your ability to learn and grow (beyond just hiring 30% more people per year). Your 2015 vision is decent, but your lack of investment will break your ability to execute beyond the marketing story.

There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions