There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

It all depends on your manager

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lateral recruited managers from US are good, understand work-life balance, respect privacy & personal space. Depends on the client site at which one is deployed.

Cons

Onshore recruitment process can use better knowledge dissemination. Most offshore personnel are not of great quality.

Advice to Management

Hierarchy & red tape still exists deeply ingrained...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

TRADITIONAL INDIAN CULTURE

Current Employee - Recruiting
    Current Employee - Recruiting

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has branding in the US market. Plenty of Technical resources for projects.

Cons

Traditional Indian Culture. Very few if any females in roles outside of Administrative and or Recruiting. While I was interviewing with Cognizant, one of the American Male recruiters mentioned that Cognizant prefers NOT to hire females in sales, business development, managerial or executive positions because they will EVENTUALLY have children! I reported this to the EEOC.

Advice to Management

Please understand that you may feel free to maintain and or exercise you Male dominated culture in Indian. However, you MUST adhere to US Government regulations regarding hiring of employees. A MAJOR infusion of employees from various ethnicities and genders would help to resolve this serious issue!

2. I didn't think much of it either, till I worked with other Indian companies

Former Contractor - Tech Lead in Hartford, CT
    Former Contractor - Tech Lead in Hartford, CT

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good organizational structure. There are horizontals and verticals. They are cheap compared to Accenture, so you'll be able to see them in all big companies.

Cons

Its an Indian company. You'll be burdened with hierarchy of managers. So basically quality of your life here depends on your manager. And there is only 25% chance that your manager will be a nice guy or lady. My manager was real good guy. Very hardworking. But account manager was .. well, Glassdoor is not letting me submit the review with that word.