Cognizant Technology Solutions
3.5 of 5 4,932 reviews
www.cognizant.com Teaneck, NJ 5000+ Employees

A perfect company to stay away from!

Principal Architect (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsFor young and inexperienced professionals it's a great chance to see the US. CTS got the low-value staff augmentation game nailed!

ConsI am a non-Indian, US-based consulting executive with an Ivy League advanced degree and over 17 years of professional experience. CTS lured me with empty promises of consulting excellence from a Big-4 competitor over 3 years ago.
There is no way to be promoted unless you are a yes-man on the leash tied to an account manager. I am currently on a layoff list because I refuse to relocated on a whim of inexperienced, short-sighted and self-serving account managers and insist on travelling to client engagements. CTS will not pay expenses for employee travel and will not bill clients for expenses since expense amounts impact their PERCEIVED profitability!
This is a joke of a company. If you are an experienced professional - stay away from CTS!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to advice of those in your company who have been around the block a few times and know how to build and run a successful consultancy... or stop pretending that you are one!

Contrary to all the PR about consulting, Cognizant will remain a bodyshopping organization

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Pros: Easy to take shelter at this company if you take little pride… Cons: Considering its aggressive policies requiring consulting professionals to relocate to client locations for projects regardless of duration (the alternative is to get fired after a… Advice to Senior Management: The consulting sham will be exposed soon enough. Plan out concrete steps to build an infrastructure that empowers Cognizant Business Consulting unit, instead of paying… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Long Way to Go

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions

Pros: Company is well regarded by its customers for providing high levels of service among… Cons: Like many others here have stated, compensation is below average. Despite this, they don't seem to have a problem with retention although that could change… Advice to Senior Management: Get a grip on what's really going on in the company. Keeping investors and customers happy is all good but ignoring your employees will cost… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cognizant Technology Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cognizant Technology Solutions CEO Frank D'Souza. All reviews posted anonymously by Cognizant Technology Solutions employees.