Cognizant Technology Solutions

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Good

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is growing at a very fast rate.

Cons

You tend to stretch your working hours.

6520 Other Employee Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions (View Most Recent)

Good

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is growing at a very fast rate

Cons

This company is more of a testing oriented firm.

Worst experience ever in my career....

Current Employee - Java Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and location. I earned a gov't clearance, but I don't think it's active after leaving the project.

Cons

The recruiters lied to me as well as everyone else that they hired for a project. They mentioned that we would be developing software, but we ended up doing customer/production support work. We were on an on-call rotation and most of the time, we couldn't even fix the problems because of their horrible politics and systems altogether. Not to mention they actually moved me to a different group that were using older mainframe technologies. The whole reason I took the job in the first place was to avoid that and it gave me more reason to finally leave the place along with all the other many people who had left the project. The management was so flawed and even threatened to fire people just for taking short breaks in the lunch room. I even heard a case where an employee was assaulted by one of the managers, but also heard he lost his job eventually.

This is a big company, but it was also clear that that upper management was not aware of the problems occurring at this location or blindly chose to ignore it altogether. This should be an indicator to be mindful of situations that just spin out of control. When at least 25 people or more leave on their own terms over a short span of time, something is seriously wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions