There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Good to work

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are making good strategic decisions and management is sailing the ship in right direction

Cons

Need to focus on career growth of employee

5467 Other Employee Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions (View Most Recent)

Good

Current Employee - Associate Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong management, good work life balance

Cons

Pay and promotion cycle needs revision

Poor policy

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good clientele specially on data management side

Cons

Poor benefits - bad 401k (starts contributing after an year), health insurance plans are super expensive (paying 250% more than what i used to pay for the same Plan 90) as compared to other services & IT consulting co. I joined the company 1.5 month back & I was requested to join 10 days before i got the actual relocation thing started using their corporate movers. All this as they had committed on a specific date to client. Now they don't want to approve my 10 days of expenses. I have asked this multiple times but they don't have anything on paper for relocation specific guidelines. The support staff is so horrible and no matter how hard you try, they would not respond before a few reminder mails. These are small things but this shows how much they care of their employees.
    Another thing i found out about their GC cases, none of the labor filed in last 1.8 years had been approved (most of it is in either pending state or rejected). So far, I have met at least 3 guys who were asked to leave the country and they later came back after a year.
    For everyone who is planning to make a move, please make sure you negotiate everything and take it in writing specially the relocation part other policies (specially insurance plans)

Please be transparent about some of your policies to new hires. Please be ethical & don't promise anything at the time of hiring if you can't fulfill it in the name of "out of company policy"....

There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Worked for Cognizant Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!