Cogo Labs

www.cogolabs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs

Political and low pay

I have been working at Cogo Labs

Pros

It's still a job, and you should still learn what you can.

Cons

#1 Big company politics at small company. Everyone is looking out for themselves. Perfect example is an underperforming employee who was kept around because someone married on the management team was sleeping with despite numerous complaints.
#2 Not a startup environment even though they claim to be. It's less fun and more cut throat. You are a worker bee. The payout is low, and you usually join a startup and give up salary for a payday later.

Jul 3, 2014Director, Talent Development

Hi! Thank you for this feedback! There are a few things in this review that make it sound like it might not actually have been written by a current employee. But we could be wrong! If it was, and ... More

6 Other Employee Reviews for Cogo Labs (View Most Recent)

Incredible learning internship opportunity - but you sacrifice salary for experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cogo Labs as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Tons of autonomy
    - Awesome people
    - Totally unique experience - you get make a website from scratch, play with a marketing budget, and grow users over this time with a 5 person intern team.

Cons

- The overarching business model is very effective, but not necessarily fulfilling from a "i'm truly improving the world" point of view
    - Did not pay as competitively as previous experiences

Oct 8, 2014Director, Talent Development

Thank you for reviewing us! We agree that our people are awesome and are glad you had a unique experience here. Your feedback is super helpful--the summer intern program is still new and definitely a ... More

Best Job with an Awesome Group of People

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with extremely smart people in a super friendly environment. Never-ending snacks and fun company outings.

Cons

Hearing people drink outside at CBC during the summer while working inside. Office design is a bit haphazard and could use a facelift for a little more relaxation and flow. HVAC issues in the middle of summer can be brutal.

More department outings!

Oct 8, 2014Director, Talent Development

We WISH the HVAC issues were limited to the middle of summer :( The building managers say a new system is on the way! We'll see!

Thank you for the review!

There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs