Cogo Labs

www.cogolabs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs

Political and low pay

I have been working at Cogo Labs

Pros

It's still a job, and you should still learn what you can.

Cons

#1 Big company politics at small company. Everyone is looking out for themselves. Perfect example is an underperforming employee who was kept around because someone married on the management team was sleeping with despite numerous complaints.
#2 Not a startup environment even though they claim to be. It's less fun and more cut throat. You are a worker bee. The payout is low, and you usually join a startup and give up salary for a payday later.

Cogo Labs Response

Jul 3, 2014Director, Talent Development

Hi! Thank you for this feedback! There are a few things in this review that make it sound like it might not actually have been written by a current employee. But we could be wrong! If it was, and ... More

7 Other Employee Reviews for Cogo Labs (View Most Recent)

Great atmosphere and a great place to learn

Current Employee - Analyst in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tons of smart people to work with and a friendly atmosphere make it a great place to jump start your career
    Lots of resources and little corporate red tape, makes running tests easy
    Hard work is rewarded
    Great work-life balance
    Free lunches on Fridays - actually great meals and not just a cold sandwich or half-hearted perk

Cons

There is still office politics, but you can't seem to ever avoid those
    Its a money driven company and industry, if you want to "save the world" you're better off somewhere elsewhere

Incredible learning internship opportunity - but you sacrifice salary for experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Cogo Labs as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Tons of autonomy
    - Awesome people
    - Totally unique experience - you get make a website from scratch, play with a marketing budget, and grow users over this time with a 5 person intern team.

Cons

- The overarching business model is very effective, but not necessarily fulfilling from a "i'm truly improving the world" point of view
    - Did not pay as competitively as previous experiences

Cogo Labs Response

Oct 8, 2014Director, Talent Development

Thank you for reviewing us! We agree that our people are awesome and are glad you had a unique experience here. Your feedback is super helpful--the summer intern program is still new and definitely a ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs