There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs

Build your skill set at Cogo

Current Employee - Quantitative Data Analyst in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Quantitative Data Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- A lot of independence to think or come up with your own projects
- Learn to code in Python, HTML, and SQL
- Room for growth to lead your own team
- Very intelligent people to work with
- Work life balance is great
- Equity benefits

Cons

- With independence comes less structure, but this is a preference
- Salaries are OK

Information between management teams needs to be better shared--this could happen through consolidation, through best-practice meetings, or more weekly meetings between related teams.

Oct 21, 2014Director, Talent Development

This is great feedback, thank you so much. We agree that sharing information between teams could always be improved--it's super critical in an incubator like ours to make sure important new ... More

6 Other Employee Reviews for Cogo Labs (View Most Recent)

Could not ask for a better place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not sure where the other reviewer was working... but there's very little politics, almost no red tape, and tons of resources at your disposal at Cogo. There are tons of brilliant employees and the environment is incredibly relaxed.

-Tons of events with free food/beer
    -You get to use whatever tools/software you want
    -No BS... everyone here is driven by the end result
    - Tons of growth in the past year and a great deal of potential moving forward
    - Extremely interesting work... the data you get to work with here is the stuff of dreams
    - Managers are pragmatic

Cons

- Salaries are on the low side, but on par with what you'd expect from a startup. This will likely change in the coming years
    - Stressful
    - Incubator tries to fly under the radar (for various reasons) so very little name recognition

Try to keep the quality of the hiring up. In particular, try recruiting more analysts with a programming background.

Jul 3, 2014Director, Talent Development

Thank you! And yes we agree we need more analysts who have programming backgrounds. We are looking! And don't forget about our referral bonus, if any amazing people cross your path!

Very different but very fun

I have been working at Cogo Labs full-time

Pros

I get to work with a lot of data. I get to have an opinion and use my own ideas in figuring out what to analyze, how to approach problems. Coworkers are fun, outgoing, relaxed. Get to see how your work impacts the businesses you're incubating

Cons

There's not a lot of other companies doing what we do, so there isn't really a roadmap or a set of processes in place. Which is great sometimes, frustrating occasionally. Also the air conditioning is unpredictable, freezing cold some days, too warm other days.

More company outings! And the World Cup screen should become a permanent thing in the office so we can watch sports all the time

Jul 3, 2014Director, Talent Development

More company outings is a definite possibility. The giant screen remaining up all the time is a soft maybe.

There are newer employer reviews for Cogo Labs