There are newer employer reviews for CohnReznick

Great place for a young accountant

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Audit Associate in Bethesda, MD

I worked at CohnReznick

Pros

I worked at Reznick for 2 years out of college and I have yet to find a place similar to it. If public accounting wasnt so demanding during January through April, I'd still be there.

The team I worked on was great and most of my managers took the time to make sure I learned something rather than spitting stuff out.

I was given a lot more responsibilities than you do at other firms in a shorter period of time.

Salaries and raises were pretty good

Traveling wasnt required but there were options.

Managers and Senior Associates were very open to your needs about working on different types of clients.

Cons

If you dont know what kind of accounting you want to do, this is fine. The clients on some teams are mostly limited to Non-Profits and Real Estate.

It's not a big 4, so the name wont travel as well once you leave Reznick.

I think management does a fairly good job here. It was my first job out of college and I havent found a company as open and forthcoming as Reznick.

101 Other Employee Reviews for CohnReznick (View Most Recent)

Good culture, but has pockets of bad management

Former Employee - Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Associate in Bethesda, MD

I worked at CohnReznick

Pros

Reznick is a firm with great culture. People are respectful of each other. There are also a lot of opportunities for on-the-job training and classroom training.

Cons

Despite the good culture, there are still some bad Seniors and Managers. There are many cases in which Associates are expected to work long hours and are not appreciated for their hard work. Also, many decisions made by management, in routine tasks, are not good. Client confidentiality is not always respected, and confidential material is often printed out on very public printers. Even though management makes this irresponsible decision, Associates are often blamed if something goes wrong. In other words, Associates are often thrown "under the bus" by management. Often, when managers and Seniors realize they made bad decisions, they try to "cover it up" by micromanaging and often infantilizing their Associates. In light of these things, Reznick is not a good place to stay long term.

Associates are not there to simply accept blame if something goes wrong. Criticism of Associates or any employee should be Constructive and not given just to avoid taking personal responsibility.

The opportunity for growth and reasonable compensation plummeted with the housing market.

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at CohnReznick

Pros

Solid health benefits and name recognition in the DC area. There used to be a good oppourtunity for rapid advancement.

Cons

Poor job security, small or no bonuses. The lack of a diversified client base makes Reznick Group especially vulnerable to maket changes.

Continue to try to develop other practice areas. The practice of bidding on engagements by price cutting competitors results in unsatisfied clients and employees.

There are newer employer reviews for CohnReznick