There are newer employer reviews for CohnReznick

Don't work for the Chicago office

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Chicago, IL

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job. The offices in the DC area know what they are doing so if you want to work for this company go there.

Cons

Shady people, poor training. You won't get any feedback until your review when it's too late to improve. A lot of inconsistency among managers and partners despite the clients all being very similar. Tax season compensation is a joke, much higher anywhere else.

reviews filtered by

Great work environment.

Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Century City, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great resources. Lots of training. They keep you busy all year long.

Cons

There are room for improvement in leadership. Communication of goals is often overlook.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

I would work somewhere else if I were you.....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Good training programs
    -Other CR offices are WAY better than CR Sacramento. The LA office is awesome.

Cons

-Nobody cares about your personal life. Work comes first and if you don't have that mentality you will not survive there. There is no work-life balance even in off-busy season. Good luck getting your CPA!

-Narrow industry focus. You won't gain much experience doing any "real" auditing there. You will only do low-income housing audits.

-Lackluster work quality. The emphasis is on getting the work out the door rather than making sure work is of high quality. If you don't do things the "SALY" (same as last year) people think you're an idiot and you're "reinventing the wheel," as opposed to making improvements in processes.

-Everyone thinks everyone else is stupid.

-If they promise to "get you on track for promotion," they're lying. They say that just to get you to sign the offer letter.

-High turnover - I would estimate 15 people left in a 9 month period for an office of less than 40 people. That should give you an idea of how great the culture is. So, good news is, they're ALWAYS hiring. That isn't because business is expanding.

-No bonuses whatsoever. And the raises are less than inflation.

Advice to Management

Get real and please stop being oblivious to the turnover issue. It isn't because its "just public accounting." We realize you have a job to do but you've lost 90% of your best staff. Trust me, they aren't coming back, ever.

There are newer employer reviews for CohnReznick