Cold Stone Creamery

Awesome First Job

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Shift Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

Tips every shift, slight room for promotions, free ice cream, laid back employees and environment, and a really awesome first job(WAY better than fast food!!).

Cons

Not steady hours, takes a lot of work for promotion, unreliable coworkers, some coworkers are immature, customers get angry over stupid little things.

291 Other Employee Reviews for Cold Stone Creamery (View Most Recent)

Horrible management tries to take advantage of its employees.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Elmhurst, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Elmhurst, NY

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

Free ice cream for me!

Cons

Everything else other than free ice cream. I mean everything! This store rips off its employees from their wages on top of ripping off their customers

Don't be so darn cheap and stubborn.

Downright awful job all around

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

Coworkers were nice and generally friendly
    Received tips weekly, which was always one of the only reasons I didn't quit right away

Cons

The management was so completely unprofessional and downright mean at times that it was dreadful to work the morning shifts (when the store manager or the assistant manager would always be present). Even when I did a task proficiently, praise or even the slightest compliment was hard to come by. A lot of unsanitary practices going on in the back too. I was often left alone in the store while one of the managers went to go the store or a Cold Stone in a nearby city due to how often we ran out of supplies. It was generally very disorganized, very unpleasant, and just not as fun as the company would like you to believe. This is ultimately the downfall of working for franchise companies. I absolutely do not recommend this job to anybody, anywhere.

Learn to train your employees with more support and patience. You always seemed very impatient when it came time for me to perform a new task. That might explain the rather high turnover rate. Many people I know of who have worked here or know someone who has all say the same thing about management. It made it very unpleasant to work there when the manager would yell at you and take over the job you're still being trained on.

There are newer employer reviews for Cold Stone Creamery