Cold Stone Creamery

www.coldstonecreamery.com
  www.coldstonecreamery.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cold Stone Creamery

Interview your owner

Former Employee - Ice Cream Maker, Cake Decorator, Team Member, Candy Maker  in  Tracy, CA
Former Employee - Ice Cream Maker, Cake Decorator, Team Member, Candy Maker in Tracy, CA

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery part-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting and fun to learn how the sweet products are made. High level of quality product. Little stress compared to other food service companies.

Cons

High turn over due to high school students being the main workforce. Often undervalued and mistrusted as a group of employees. Depending on the ownership like most things this can be a rewarding or frustrating experience.

Be honest about who you are and what to expect. When you find great employees encourage and reward them and treat them well no matter what their age is. Be available as needs arise for your crew.

255 Other Employee Reviews for Cold Stone Creamery (View Most Recent)

Great high school job.

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Bel Air, MD
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun coworkers, love making new creations.

Cons

Be fair. Give pay based on seniority or some other stable factor.

When I have been working at the store for three years and my little sister has worked there for under a year do not pay her more than paying me. I was loyal, hardworking, and always picked up shifts when it was needed.

it was amusing

Former Employee - AM Shift Leader  in  Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - AM Shift Leader in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery part-time for less than a year

Pros

i certainly did enjoy going to work and see the customers smiling faces coming in to get ice cream. A plenty of beautiful girls would go in and flirt back and forth. will never forget 2 germans that came in around the time or Ultra Music Festival. the work isn't too much, and it's quick and easy to get in the rhythm of things

Cons

lots of gossip. some employees talk about each other behind their backs. some times i'd wish the work would somehow be different in some way. the customers were the best part or working there. there would be heavy traffic some times but most of the time, i'd spend it by myself in the store. also, some time's i'd wish i would work more than 3 days a week on average. and the pay is only good for a high school student with nothing to pay but a phone bill. i was a shift leader and i got paid $6.55 which is 0.50 more than a regular crew member. the Head manager that came by every once in a while tried to scam me out of $200 for losing the store key. turns out i don't have to pay it but i ended up finding it.

no problem with how it's being run but sometimes i think to myself that management should get involved to with the employees individually at least to try to find a mutual grounds where that would create a positive work environment

There are newer employer reviews for Cold Stone Creamery

Worked for Cold Stone Creamery? Contribute to the Community!