There are newer employer reviews for Cold Stone Creamery

Great place for me to start my working life, learned lots of effective tools for success, but little room for growth.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

Great atmosphere, great people, flexible hours, fun, fantastic product, encouraging and rewarding management, great place to learn valuable lessons in customer service, food, and life in general.

Cons

required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as normal in retail. low ceiling for pay and growth opportunities, poor system in place for keeping a consistent employee behavior (i.e. little consequences for tardiness, breaking of dress code, performance issues, etc.)

Advice to Management

Regional directors need to be more thorough in their quarterly store reviews, there needs to be a standard system for employee reviews and how to handle unsatisfactory employees. also, there needs to be a way for voices to be heard regarding product ideas, marketing strategies, etc. even from crew members

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. painless summer job

Former Employee - Cashier/Food Service Worker
    Former Employee - Cashier/Food Service Worker

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

At the location I worked at, after the owners left the managers would let us take home unlimited free ice cream. We could also give free stuff away to our friends who would come in.

Cons

Working late Saturday night shifts and then early Sunday shifts. Working every weekend kind of sucked. Overall it was an easy and painless summer job.

Advice to Management

Don't hire so many people that you can barely give everyone a few hours to work during the week. It sucks when employees have hardly any hours.

2. An alright summer job but owner was very forgetful

Former Employee - Team Member
    Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Cold Stone Creamery

Pros

-Environment seemed fairly positive
    -Managers were around same age or younger than me.
    -I got to sing with I actually like.

Cons

-Owner would constantly forget requests for time off.
    -During busy times, lines were out the door and customers would generally be disgruntled.

Advice to Management

I realize that the franchise owner was involved in many career ventures but to request time off a month in advance and then forget every time I request time is deplorable. Also completely forgot about my last day at work and had me on schedule for the next month before I had to remind them.