There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Normal, IL
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Normal, IL

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

accomidating to employee needs. Salary is good. Some opportunities for bonus.

Cons

Can be very hard to get to SM as there is little to no turn over. This speaks great to the company but hard to move up. Our customer base can be very demanding. Coldwater Creek has a very specific customer base who the company has over the years "spoiled". Great for the customer but can be very challenging for those working the front lines. Any one of us will and do anything we can to make the customers visit a great one. There are some however that know we must and they are very rude and down right mean to us. They are also supported by the company above us. It can be comparable to being in a verbally/mentally abusive relationship in that we take a lot of negative things from some of these customers and have to suck it up and be very submissive to what is going on. I have at times left the store feeling ashamed and angry with myself for not standing up to someone who was very disrespectfull to me but at the end of the day, I need my job and I want to do an excellent job for my employer.

There should be some concrete policies that store level can enforce. A return policy of some sort would not run off business. Having no return policy makes it very difficult on the store level. We actually have customers who clean out their closet and bring back 2-5 year old product. It can take upwards of 30 minutes to do some returns of this matter and in some cases longer. We should be able to stick to all coupon policies as well. If is states the clear basis for the discount then we should be able to stand by that. The majority of the time that we bend the rules is for the rude, mean customer who throws a fit or threatens to call the company or to not make a purchase. It is never for the customer who is nice and deserving because she's not making a fuss and is happy with any discount at all. Bottom line for me is that you are catering to all of the wrong people and rewarding the one's who cause a rukus. This is reinforcing negative behavior and it puts the associates in a bad situation.

313 Other Employee Reviews for Coldwater Creek (View Most Recent)

Senior Management doesn't know what it is doing.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

Pretty easy job. People are easy to work with. The pay is good. An average retail job.

Cons

Every decision that management makes is a bad decision so it is hard to feel like the company will stay in business for longer than a couple of years.

Do the opposite of what you think you should do maybe you'll make the right decision.

Satisfied as salaried employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

Good cooperation between teams and departments - folks want to do the right thing.

Cons

Retail ops has not attracted the best and brightest.

Don't be afraid to winnow the wheat from the chaff. Sometimes a department needs an enema.

There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek