There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek

No work/life balance, too much micro-managing

Former Employee - Sales Lead
Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at Coldwater Creek

Pros

There are good health and vacation benefits, great discount on clothes, combined with a nice atmosphere and very nice customers. Great return policy makes the sales staff lives easier, but some customers take way too much advantage of it.

Cons

Too much responsibility and pressure for too little money. Very little advance notice on schedule, which can change in a flash due to "needs of the business." Middle-management micro-manages, upper management dithers, and store manager is an exceptionally good at delegating his/her responsibilities. Too much time giving feedback when we could be using that same time to produce results. How many times a day, really, do you need to know how our day is going?

Clothing styling is getting better, but quality is not. Customers complaining of pilling after one washing is not going to create loyalty.

305 Other Employee Reviews for Coldwater Creek (View Most Recent)

It's Retail! It is fun, fast paced, and there is constant change, but that is RETAIL. I am enjoy my job.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

The benefits are good as well as the time off allowed. They do not use commission so there is a team effort with everything. You feel part of something and part of making women of all ages feel GOOD!

Cons

There can be stressed involved with the constant change. With the economic state the country is in retail can be tough. For the most part with all the other retailers I have worked for in the past CWC is the best place I have ever worked.

Try to stop all of the promotion changes it can be confusing to both employees and customers.

Upper management out of touch

I have been working at Coldwater Creek

Pros

Great customer base. Great co-workers.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch. They don't know what it takes to run the store. When you are trying to help customers and do a floor set at the same time, don't throw in a last minute sale on top of everything. Things need to be planned out a little more efficiently.

There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek

Worked for Coldwater Creek? Contribute to the Community!