Coldwater Creek

There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek

UnHappy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Coldwater Creek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Customers are very friendly and nice. Associates are nice.

Cons

Shifts are cute more often than not. Over staffed so associates aren't scheduled but 10 - 15 hours a week (2 or 3 days) and more often than not less because shifts are cut. Lack of communication.
A lot of tasking on the sales floor and customers are not always given attenion because of tasks.

Less tasking and more sales. It's nice having an orderly store but not at the cost of customer service and sales (bottom line). When hours are cut because of lack of revenue the focus should be sles.

321 Other Employee Reviews for Coldwater Creek (View Most Recent)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Fairview, TX
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Fairview, TX

I worked at Coldwater Creek part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Manager (Fairview, TX), and excellent opportunity to learn retail. Great customers too!

Cons

Too much pressure from Corporate to get credit card apps and PSP appointments which turns the customer's off. I understand the necessity to drive customers into the store though.

A huge "thank you" to Louise for teaching me to care about the product, hard work, and dedication, and giving me the opportunity to work for her and Coldwater Creek. I truly miss her and this store.

A waste of time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandpoint, ID

I worked at Coldwater Creek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The town is beautiful and the cafeteria is nice.

Cons

Everything else. Not only would I not recommend working here, I would discourage it at all costs. It reminded me of the law office in the movie "The Firm" because when you sign on you are required to authorize a full background check and commit to one year. Not that the company will make the same commitment to you. I have since left, and have heard numerous stories about how the company has moved people there, tried them on for size, and then laid them off at about the 8th month. Oh, and forget about finding another comparable job in the area. You have just moved to Siberia.

Senior Management is in desperate need of a shake up. I'd start with Dennis and work my way down from there. These are some of the most unprofessional people that I have ever witnessed in my life.

There are newer employer reviews for Coldwater Creek